SH3 Subway

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Meestah Kennedy
Just Passing Through

SH3 Subway

Post by Meestah Kennedy »

I'm in the subway in SH3 and I just got to platform 3. I have no idea what to do. I read somewhere I had to find some door with a red glow but I have no clue what they're talking about. Any help appreciated :)
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

You are going to go the far end of Platform 3, there will be a small fence blocking a small portion of the track. If you stand besides the fence, the camera angle will automatically change to reveal a door w/ a red light above it.

You are going to jump down onto the track, try the door which will be locked. When you try the door, two dogs will attack you. Nevermind them, just run around them and get onto the platform as fast as you can by standing facing the platform and pressing X. Then there will be a cutscene and voila! you are pretty much done w/ the subway portion of the game.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

For additional help, watch this at 2:54.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Meestah Kennedy
Just Passing Through

Post by Meestah Kennedy »

Thanks a lot, I got it now, but I have another part. I'm an hour through and I realized I never got a shotgun, but shotgun shells. Is the shotgun still farther ahead? Or is it behind a while, and if so should I start over or continue with just the handgun?
irkka
Just Passing Through

Post by irkka »

you missed the shotgun, it was in the subway (in an empty train car), right before meeting first Insane Cancer (big ugly fat monster).
it won't give up, it wants me dead, goddamn this noise inside my head
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

^ The fat monster doesn't appear if you don't take the shotgun.

Meestah Kennedy you DID indeed miss it. It's at 2:00 at the same video I gave you above.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Meestah Kennedy wrote:Thanks a lot, I got it now, but I have another part. I'm an hour through and I realized I never got a shotgun, but shotgun shells. Is the shotgun still farther ahead? Or is it behind a while, and if so should I start over or continue with just the handgun?

You don't need the shotgun, it just makes killing Closers a lot easier since it takes a enitre clip to take down one closer w/ the handgun, but only 3 (?) shots w/ the shot gun. Depending on how well you conserve your ammo and how much exploring vs. running you do, you can probably make it through the game w/o the shotgun.