sh4 clearing hauntings problem

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

sh4 clearing hauntings problem

Post by SHF »

thruoughout the game, i always cleared the hauntings w mostly candles. i got rid of everyone one of them..b4 the final boss fight, i didnt save eileen.
i got the 21 sacraments ending..but i cleared more than 80% of hauntings in room did i get the wrong ending? am i supposed to watil very end ofget clearhm al?
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The "best" ending is obtained under 3 circumstances:
1) Most if not all hauntings are cleared away as soon as the masnifest.
2) Eileen receives little to no damage and/or is healed by the Holy Candle in one of two places in Apartment World.
3) Henry defeats Walter before Eileen enters the pool of blood and is minced.

Clear the hauntings as they go. Whenever one pops up, either equip a medalion and stand as close to the haunting as possible or set a Holy Candle down as close to the haunting as possible.

Try to protect Eileen. Arm her or leave her in a safe place. Throughout most of the levels, there are rooms to put her that have no enemies in them. Giving her a weapon (I usually use the Riding Crop) will allow her to protect herself when you are pre-occupied.

Last, move through the final battle as quick as possible. Use all 8 spears and finish Walter of as quick as you can.

Do this, and you will acheive the "best" ending.
SHF

Post by SHF »

wut 2 places can i heal eileen in aprtment world before walter fight?
shuld i not worry about her til the aprtment world?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Travis wrote:As for the candle, there is a trick to using it. You can only use it 2 times. The first one is in the center of the lobby, when Eileen checks Walter's drawing. She just stops there. Put a candle to her feet and leave the room (go to the area with the 6 hanging bodies) when the candle has almost burned out completely. The second time is at the super's room. Again put a candle at her feet, wait until it almost burns out and trigger the cutscene by examining the umbilical cord.
Read the whole discussion here if you like. Best of luck to you! :wink:
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
xanyleon
Just Passing Through

Post by xanyleon »

I thought that I had cleared pretty much all the ghosts as I only have 2 candles left in my box by the end battle. I manage to save Eileen but end up getting the "mother" ending.

Is it because she could be too badly damaged? She does walk quite quickly to the pool but by using the Revolver to kill Walter I manage to just about save her.

I am pretty sure I've gotten rid of over 90% of the hauntings... Well I hope so anyway.
I AM THE SANDWICH!!!