No In Water Ending on SH2 Directors Cut?

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

AnneMarie
Woodside Apartments Janitor

No In Water Ending on SH2 Directors Cut?

Post by AnneMarie »

I've been revisiting my love for Silent Hill 2 this summer, playing 'Inner Fears' on the xbox. I got 'Leave' ending and 'Maria' ending, and though I tried my damnedest to get the In Water ending it just didn't happen... twice :?

I did what I was supposed to do: bump into Maria, not spend much time with her, examine Angela's knife repeatedly, took shitloads of damage and tried to have poor health all through the game... instead I got the two endings I already got a-bloody-gain! However, the second time, the rebirth ending items appeared... perhaps I should give up and put it down to a glitch in the game and go for the rebirth ending.

Anyone else with SH2 Inner Fears for xbox encounter this problem?
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

B...but thats like... the BEST ending!!! D:
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

That's hilarious.

Did you read the diary on the hospital roof and listen to the headphones in the hotel? That allegedly helps you get the fancy Game Over ending you're after.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Here's a couple other things:

- Maria can take one hit with the chainsaw and a few from the plank without dying. (I did this on Beginner)

- If you play on beginner, IIRC you can't die except for PH's overhead swing, so let monsters get you to minimal.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You can always
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
stick to that red health when PH stabs you and you fall from like what? 3 floors in the hospital?
too. It works :P
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try.
Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door... Oh, another blocked door................ Locked. F*** it.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

You HAVE to listen to the conversation with the headphones in the hotel library, read the diary on the hospital roof, and listen to the entire conversation with Mary during that long hallway near the end of the game.

You don't even need to run around with low health if you do those three things. The "In Water" ending is a guarantee by that point.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

^ That.
I never even heard about the low health thing- and In Water was my first ending. Also, examine Mary's letter a lot, too. Just as much as the knife. If the text on the letter disappears before reaching the hotel, that's a good sign. Examine the photo, too.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I got the "in the water" ending by not looking at anything, not listeing to the headphones, all i did was listen to the "hallway of memories" xP

Don't know how that works, but i went for the maria ending.
Lying_Figure
Just Passing Through

Post by Lying_Figure »

Low health throughout the game (Beginner difficulty, PH on Hospital Roof is best way to get it down low).

Hurt Maria a couple of times with your weapons.

Keep checking the knife in your inventory and the Letter (I think you check the letter, too?).

After watching the tape in the Hotel, go back into the Reading Room, listen to the tape.

Listen to the whole conversation in the corridoor heading up to the Mary/Maria boss.

DO NOT DO:
Pick up all 4 items for the Rebirth ending.
Pick up the Dog Key and go into the Observatory.
Use the Blue Gem.

I think that's pretty much it.
[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/2pq192o.gif[/img][img]http://i49.tinypic.com/1kkdv.jpg[/img]
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

I tried my best to gt the Maria ending and got the friggin in water one. It's too depressing.
alone in the town

The surest way to get In Water is to play on Beginner level. You can't die except in two places, so you can let the first monster beat up on you for a few minutes and play the game with almost no health right from the start.
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

Thanks for the advice everyone - IT WORKED! :mrgreen:

Don't know why achieving that ending was such a task :? DUH! to me thinking it wasn't there because of some glitch or something :oops: Embarrassed much?! LOL

I only have the two bonus endings to get. I know how to use the dog key, as I've done it before, but... probably a dumb question: where in the foggy hell do you use the blue gem to get UFO ending??
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Damn, I can't remember where exactly. I only remember that you use it in the Otherworld Brookhaven's garden.

Wait a sec. . .
"Obtaining the Sixth Secret Joke Ending
To get the 6th secret joke ending, exclusive to the xbox version, use the Blue Gem in the following locations: Alternate Brook Haven Hospital's garden, the dock (before you get on the boat), and lastly room 312 in the Lakeview Hotel. Using it in room 312 will end the game and the joke ending will begin.
"
I got this from gamefaqs.com. I don't know if it's all right but I was right about the garden in Alternate Brookhaven 8)
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I haven't done that ending in a while, but the locations sounds right... It's not exclusive to the Xbox version, as it's on the Greatest Hits version for the PS2.
alone in the town

It might just be an old faq. It was exclusive to the Xbox for a little while.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah, aitt is right. It's an old faq that no one bothered to change the words.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Yeah. I'm just sayin'.
AnneMarie

Post by AnneMarie »

"Inner Fears" is the xbox version of Greatest Hits, which I'm using. It should work :)

Thanks very much, Mephisto :D Very soon I'll have every ending saved to my xbox hard-drive and I'll feel wholly accomplished lol
Dallow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dallow »

Actually, I got 'In Water' two days ago on the Xbox version. This is what I did.
- Examined Mary's photo and letter three times throughout the game
- Examined Angela's knife once
- After meeting Maria at Rosewater, I ran back in the direction of Blue Creek until she complained
- Bumped into Maria three times whilst holding the handgun
- After leaving the Bowl-A-Rama, I searched for Laura to the west until Maria started complaining
- Examined the diary on the roof of Brookhaven Hospital
- Did not return to room S3 after leaving Maria there (regular or alternate)
- Examined the words on the wall at alternate Neely's Bar
- Did not attempt to re-enter the room in the Labyrinth where Maria lay dead
- Examined the earphones in the reading room of alternate Lakeview Hotel
- Listened to Mary's reminiscences in full after fighting the two Pyramid Heads

Does not matter if you play with your health in the red, but do NOT restore your health beyond the maximum.
[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/1982/dallow.jpg[/img]