Sepullllcchherrrr T___T

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Sepullllcchherrrr T___T

Post by Emzo »

Heya SHH!
I've ran a few searches through the forum looking for any existing threads...I can't seem to find one. So apologies if there already is one ^_^;;

So I've been playing Homecoming for just over a month now, had a few troubles thanks to Needlers being total bitches ;u;
So I was a bit neglectful with Health drinks and med kits.
I make my way through the Grand Hotel hospital with 1/3 of my health and one health drink. So off I go all "Lalala~~ Time to fight Sepulcher, tra-la-la~!"
I go in with the fireaxe, manage to do the first stage of the combat maybe getting hit once or twice maximum.

THEN FOR THE SECOND STAGE OF THE BATTLE.
I...I just can't get past it ;_;
I try going for the arms, but then Alex is a bit of a tard and ends up inside the arms, full frontal against him.
As in...:

--OVO
________
| here |
W------- W

Oh lord my drawings are terrible XD;;
ANYWAY! So I'm stuck there, and I'm trying to roll out, but its not letting me, as well as hitting the arms is extremely difficult. As it pivots round...quite fast...

Can some of you lovely people offer some advice please? T_T
I've been stuck of this butthead for about 5 weeks now XD

Many thanks!
Emzo~~
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

You have been stuck on the Selpulcher for 5 weeks? :shock:
I got through him on my first try without even thinking about the battle and without a walkthrough. Hmm, well I have to say that for the second part, when it's just his body, make sure that you are dodging and rolling around. And when he attacks and his hand gets stuck in the ground, that's your time to attack him.

Here is a video showing a guy beating him with a melee weapon if you need it; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InIqT-4mn5c
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Thank you so much angel ^__________^
I will try going through it again tomorrow and see if this is any help.

And yeah! I don't know why, but its just Alex being an idiot and barrel-rolling in the opposite direction, its like...DUDE! -bops with newspaper-

Thanks again :3
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^
You're welcome!
And good luck! I'm sure you'll beat it in no time! :D
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Update: STILL haven't beat it;;;;;
Ah well, I shall continue trying ^_^
Ravager
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Ravager »

You just have to avoid his swipe so his arm gets stuck. Then attack his arm so he falls, then attack his head if I'm correct. After a while you should be able to perform a finishing move.

Dodging can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I didn't care about it at first but I found out it's actually quite necessary so I forced myself to get to know the dodging system. It went better after that.

The only other tip I can give is: study your enemy's moves. It's very important when fighting bosses.

Good luck.
Larson
Gravedigger

Post by Larson »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TDdx_ZiV5s
Skip to around 6min. The player doesn't dodge all too that well (practically they just spam it) but you should definitely time your dodge, then RUN UP to the arm and hit it, not just start swinging at it from a distance.. like the player in the video. Gah.
Mantorok Narokath Redgormor
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Thanks guys ^_^
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

So, have you finished the damn thing off? It's not that hard (altough I'll be honest, I have wasted 4 health drinks, but it was on the 2nd form).

I'll list what I did since the start of the fight, no walktroughs, no special tactics. Like 4 sucesfull dodges, I suck at dodges :x

I grabbed the knife and kept hitting those red things with it and made those book cases look like a safe place, after that you just have to attack it's arms (the right one (left in your eyes) are your best shot. Just keep at it, when the creature falls you just have to grab the fireaxe and smash it's head (charge it, make the Sepulcher feel a heavy strike).
After that, attack the right arm and when it falls grab your fireaxe and finish it off. I killed it in the first time that I got to the place.

Hope that this helps someone out. ;)
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

;o; No I has not. -fails so hard-

I never thought of using the knife o.O;;
I SHALL TRY IT! 8D

Thank you ^_^
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Well, the knife worked for me. If it don't work against those hanging things just use the Fireaxe, but watch out for those goddamn hands of the Sepulcher :wink:
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Weak, weak, strong with the knife is the best combo in the game... repeat it ad nauseum against normal enemies, and use it as your cycle attack for bosses. It takes patience, but persistence is the key here. If you time your dodges when locked on to sepulchre, it's easier to hit his arms.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

With Sepulcher I found you can get a really good opening by standing behind one of the shelves and having him punch it and break it. When he does it stuns him for a moment and he does a bit of a tantrum giving you time to smack out some of the meat sacs. Then when he comes down a well-timed dodge will get his arm stuck in the ground at which point you can smack him in the arm to bring his head down and then show him whose boss.

The game gets much easier when you start using the knife a lot more. It goes against Silent Hill tradition but it's the way this game is played it seems, you just have to work out the best weapon to use against the enemies, if the enemies are fast and difficult to avoid, ALWAYS use the knife and do light light light heavy and repeat, if it looks like they managed to get an opening and are preparing an attack, dodge.

With Needlers (I see you were having trouble with them) pull out the pipe (the axe is too slow) and watch for them preparing to stab at you (it's pretty clear and they prepare really slowly) at which point you should dodge around them to the side/back and then give them the beating of their life. With the pipe use light light heavy as you can't string together more than two light attacks.

I would look up some tactics on fighting Schisms next, as this boss is followed by the Police station which is probably the toughest and most relentless part of the game, a bit of tough love to get you used to the combat system methinks.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The only tactic you'll need to kill a Needler. (joking obviously, but it helps a lot)
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

I always lose a bit of health on Sepulcher's first form because of the damn debris attack (I know how you're supposed to avoid it, but I still let some hit me anyways). Though once he goes to his second attack I can own him. Here's what I do:

With the fireaxe equipped I just keep doing rolling dodges to avoid his grab attack and his stomp attack. When his hand gets stuck I immediately run up to him and hit him with a light axe attack. After his head goes down I run up and hit him with two heavy attacks (not charged up, that takes too much time). I only hit him twice because a third one will usually leave me exposed after he gets back up. If you repeat this three times he'll go down.

Like I said, I did it without using a single health drink. Btw, if you're having trouble on this boss (and like you said, the needlers) I hate to see how you're going to fare on the police station.
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Nowadays I can kill pretty much every boss without getting hit. Dodging is the key, so those that are still saying that Homecoming sucks because of the combat then learn how to dodge first before saying anything shitty :wink:
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

Indeed.

When I first played this game last year (and gave up not even a third into it) I felt the combat was too hard...for me to master that is. Though now that I'm playing it again I'm taking my time a bit in battles and relying on dodging a lot more. There's no reason to spam the attack button if you know (say for instance) a needler is going to counter every third hit.

If dodging to the left or right is too hard for some people, a tactic that I used and found that it works pretty well too (I used this on schisms and nurses), once you're done with your combo immediately doge back (dodge button + down on analogue stick), for the schisms (and especially nurses), this will put some distance between you and them so they can't counter your combo.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Police station is a touch of evil wrapped around a bit of ugly nasty. But with good dodging, and using your axe to pin the Schisms against the wall, they are actually pretty easy in the long run. Practice makes perfect. Or sommat.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

After having some practice with the schisms, the police station doesn't seem so hard now (looking back on it, that is). The only hard part about it is fighting them in groups, one on one schisms are actually pretty easy. I use the fire ax, let him attack first, dodge out of the way, get a few hits in, then immediately back off. Get some distance again, than repeat the first step.
Midori-chan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Sepullllcchherrrr T___T

Post by Midori-chan »

Here is my strategy, it's quick, you receive mo damage and can kill it in no time:

First thing to do is run back to the stairway, he can't follow you there, but he will stand real close to the door, equip your pistol and aim for his head, 2 bullets and he's down. He will rise up again later as you move around this area, repeat the same strategy and you will be okay. That's for the first form, as for the second, I'll tell you that once I defeat him.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midori-tan/]Profile[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Midori-tan]My Anime List[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Midori-tan]My Manga List[/url]