SH5: In Alexs' house--cannot move books upstairs

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

phix95
Just Passing Through

SH5: In Alexs' house--cannot move books upstairs

Post by phix95 »

Am i doing something wrong? I read you're supposed to move them to the left...i click and click and drag too and nothing. They just light up. I'm on the PC version.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Well, on the console versions you don't drag, you just press another button and they move over automatically. You just need to find which button that is, I guess.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

Oh great. I wish I had the console but just cannot afford it right now. I think I pressed every button there was while they were highlighted. Anyone have the PC version and can tell me what to do? I'm using the mouse/keyboard.
Kaisura
Just Passing Through

Post by Kaisura »

I answered a topic just like this about ten minutes ago, ironically. Rather than redirect you though, I'll tell you the same thing here.

SH:H on the PC has some coding issues. One of them is a common problem with mouse coordinations; the mouse cursor not registering as being where the on-screen cursor indicates it to be. You can change the resolution in game, then switch it back to your preferrence, that open helps.

It also helps to approach the books with a certain level of acceptance that the clickable area just isnt very well worked out. I find more often than not, I have to click near - but not on - the middle of the books somewhere, then drag the mouse up or down an inch or two, and THEN finally shift it over to one side, before they move. Not always; sometimes they just slide across first try.

The main point is that you sometimes have to click on weird-seeming areas to hit what you're aiming at, when it comes to the puzzles. The switch theyr'e hiding is the same deal; you usually have to click next to it to hit the switch, rather than on it.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

Thanks for the help. I was finally able to move them, for whatever reason. Clicked and dragged like before... weird.
SilentEyesSilentWords
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEyesSilentWords »

Just pick em up.