Silent Hill 3 hospital

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Silent Hill 3 hospital

Post by adm1r »

Ok,what i need is help with the locked doors on the 2nd and 3rd floor.I don't need complete solution i just need to know what are the hints to solve the puzzle.I searched everywhere and the only thing that tells me something about the puzzle is Stanley's diary "If the door's are locked open it.Use the pasword for prison gates.The Doctor..I forgot his name.He pointed them somewhere...(something like that).And there is some kind of memo righr to the 2nd floor doors and i wonder do they have any connection with the lock or not.I have a pointed place in basement with that shelf but i've got nothing to use to reach behind.By the way i play on action level easy and puzzle level hard.

So if someone can point where are the clues for opening doors.Don't post the numbers please.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

You need to get the instant camera so heather can take a picture of the back of the shelf and get the number, which varies from game to game. The instant camera is in the briefcase in room M4.

Door with keypad puzzle answers:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
* Easy Setting: 4 - 6 - 3 - 9
* Normal Setting: 8 - 6 - 3 - 4
* Hard Setting: 4 - 8 - 9 - 6
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

Ok that's probably solution for one of the doors but what's the hint to get the other.I can't get to the M rooms because i need a number but i can't figure it out.I know i'm being a pain in the ass and i don't like even asking for help but this is bugging me whole day :(.I like to know how did i came up with solution :)
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

The door to the M rooms is the one with the "puzzle" keypad. I listed the answers above.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

thanks for your help:)

I've got two doors (one on the 2nd and one on the 3rd flor) and both of them are protected by the same keypad.Solution for one is the camera trick but what i want to know is what and how to get the other solution?Ok,camera for the one keypad but how did you or anyone else solved first door...

doesn't matter...i think i understand the clues on the memo beside the 2nd floor doors.
darkphoenix22r
Just Passing Through

Post by darkphoenix22r »

Second floor door puzzle:
First of all, the solution to the puzzle (since you play on Hard riddle level) comes from Stanley’s memo near the door. It’s a pretty sick memo and it can be very confusing. Here’s how I solved it:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The keypad resembles a face, like this:
1-eye 2 3-eye
4-ear 5-nose 6-ear
7-cheek 8-mouth 9-cheek
First digit: In the memo, Stanley says: “I place my left hand
on your face”, so from Stanley’s view it’s on the left. “Then I suddenly
shove my thumb deep into your eyesocket… cinnabar-red tears stream from your crushed eye?” The
thumb goes into the eye(num. 1), the blood flows down. Below the eye is the ear(num. 4). So the first digit is 4.
Second digit: “Biting at your lips as if tasting your lipstick”. This is the mouth (num. 8) so the second digit is 8.
Third & fourth digit: Actually you find the fourth digit first and then you figure out the third. After the mouth part, the memo refers to the cheeks but it’s not telling if it’s the right or left. So you have to move on a bit and find this part: “Your left ear, always hearing words- I want it to hear my true feelings” . From Stanley’s view, the face’s left ear is on the right side of the keypad (num. 6). The fourth digit is 6. The cheek is after the mouth and before the left ear, so it’s the left cheek (num. 9-remember, from Stanley’s view, it’s on the right side of the keypad). So, the third digit is 9. Code: 4896
In order to unlock the door on the third floor, you need to solve the briefcase puzzle in M4 to get the instant camera. Then you can go to the shelf in the basement and use the camera to take a picture of the code behind the shelf.
Briefcase Puzzle:
On the second floor, in Examining Room 3 there is a corpse with tattoos. If you read the papers there you’ll see that he was in room M4. The tattoo on his arm says “The start time is my key”. When you enter room M4 an alarm clock will go off. To solve the briefcase puzzle you have to enter the exact time on the keypad. On hard riddle level, the code has to be entered in military time(24 hour clock). As far as I know, the time displayed is random. If the clock reads 7:20 a.m. it’s entered as it is. But, if the clock reads 7:20 p.m. (19:20 in military time)the code will be like this: 1920. Or simply add 12 to the time you get from the clock: for example 7:20 p.m. : (7 + 12 = 19) 19:20. Code: 1920.

I hope this helps!
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

^Thanks dude :).It sure is confusing but i realised earlier this night that numbers are coresponding to the face parts in the memo and that's what i wanted to know.HOW TO SOLVE PUZZLE LOGICALY,NOT JUST SOLUTION ITSELF?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

O 2 O
4 X 6
Y Y Y

O = eyes
X = nose
Y = mouth
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

No need to post your answers anymore,i'm in the church :)