SH5: Defeating Curtis

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

phix95
Just Passing Through

SH5: Defeating Curtis

Post by phix95 »

I've been using the dagger and will be slashing away for more than 5 minutes. Curtis gets all bloody but doesn't go down. As soon as I mistakenly hit something metal, Curtis gets in and kills me. What am I doing wrong?
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Heya, looks like you double posted, but here's what I said your first thread:
in zero wrote:Get behind him and try it - Alex will finish him off nicely that way.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

Yeah sorry. I didnt see my first one show up and I also forgot to say it was SH5. I cannot get behind the fucker. Know where I can get a savegame for right after the fight? For PC.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Hm, you could google for savegames, but maybe you could watch a youtube video of someone beating him first to see if there's something you could be trying?

edit: here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UIqRbjGekc

looks like the guy just hits him until it does the animation.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

I watched it. I don't dodge hardly at all (the dodge is so quick that the opponent usually swings right when I pop up) and I am ON HIM the whole time, hitting way more times than that. His face is literally covered in blood. Something is wrong....
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Maybe your game is bugged :shock: have you been using heavy attacks? Maybe it needs one to finish him off?

I've been looking for a post-Curtis save on google, but I can't seem to find one that specific.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

I couldn't find one either; the only savegames are the endings.
And I figured it out: I have been using an invincible code for about half the game b/c it is so f***ing hard and I turned it off and finally beat Curtis' ass.
Thanks for your help.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

The code prevented Curtis from dying? How?
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
phix95
Just Passing Through

Post by phix95 »

No idea. But I beat him in about the same amount of time as in that youtube vid w/the code off. When on, he would not die. He got so bloody there's no real way he could still be conscious. Then eventually I would get caught in a loop, where Alex replays the same animation w/NO intervention from me. My hands were off the keyboard and mouse and he just kept doing the same thing, at which point, I had to force the game to end.
OR, Curtis would saw into me and I'd get "I smell something burning" or something like that and would be dead. I'm not a programmer so I dunno why that happens.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

hmm.. interesting glitch. Glad you found your way around it though.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

He was pretty easy to take down with the dagger.
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Re: SH5: Defeating Curtis

Post by Revolverhawk »

phix95 wrote:I've been using the dagger and will be slashing away for more than 5 minutes. Curtis gets all bloody but doesn't go down. As soon as I mistakenly hit something metal, Curtis gets in and kills me. What am I doing wrong?
If you fully explore before you fight Curtis, and don't waste it, you should have a full clip of pistol ammo. I shot him with a full clip in the head then finished him off with melee.

Remember, melee is difficult. Guns are easy, but ammo is rare. Which is logical when you think about it.

EDIT: oh, it was a glitch. NVM. I should fully read before posting, my bad.