Shattered Memories: Underwater car...

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Shattered Memories: Underwater car...

Post by Varg6 »

When your underwater in the car with Dahlia, how do you get out? I tried all the windows/doors and I just can't escape the car. I know I'm just missing something incredibly dumb...
Det Som Engang Var...
AgentNein
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by AgentNein »

Wow, I honestly can't remember for the life of me....make sure you go to the backseat and grab your flashy light stick. That might be all you need to open the doors and get out. I messed about for ten minutes before I remembered I could head to the back seat. Might want to keep an eye out for your phone too? Can't remember if that was something I needed to find.
Justice has a name, and the name it has, besides justice, is Captain Hammer!
Varg6

Post by Varg6 »

Just the flashlight, thank you sir.
Det Som Engang Var...
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

I've gotten the flashlight, and the writing has appeared on the windows... Now what exactly needs to be done to exit?
Varg6

Post by Varg6 »

Look to the radio and there's a dial. I'm not sure whether or not it's for the radio or for air conditioning but I just turned it and then I tried exiting the vehicle again and it worked. (From the where you are originally sitting)
Det Som Engang Var...
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I opened three out of four windows, unlocked the doors, pressed the air conditioning/radio button (I didn't catch which it was, either), and waited a while. After seeing the text on the windows, I noticed the flashlight floating in the water and picked it up. Then I waited a while and eventually the cutscene started. I noticed RIGHT before the screen went black, that the button on the radio/air conditioner was glowing yellow. I probably should have pressed it, but I didn't get the chance before the scene started.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

Once you grab the flashlight, take a look at the air conditioner/radio dial glowing; turn it so the noise stops and the ice will disappear. After that, open the car door.

As far as I know, it doesn't really change the story.
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

I ended up going through that twice and never could get the car unlocked. I assumed you had to roll down the 3 windows, wait for the text to appear, grab the flashlight, then you get the cutscene.
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

There was a strange glitch occurring in mine which prevented me from escaping the vehicle... I restarted the sequence and managed just fine, though. I found the flashlight and then adjusted the radio so a certain song played.

It was as simple as that, surprisingly.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I think you have to open the door after the song plays too, though, right?
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

Yes, I believe so.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

You can either die or escape, and it will affect your psych profile in various ways. But yeah, trying every window and door, turning on the radio, getting the light back, and finally trying another door will open it.
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Lol. I just picked up the flashlight, Turned the radio around, And just sat there. Then the cutscene happened.
"I'm an Insect who dreamt he was a Man and Loved it. But now the Dream is Over... And the Insect is Awake."
- Seth Brundle/Brundlefly (The Fly 1986)
Made In Heaven
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Made In Heaven »

Before the car hits the bottom of the lake turn and pull the car lock up and pull the car handle down. You won't be able to go out just yet then go directly to the seat behind you and wait for the flashlight to float up.

Once it does turn it on and quickly point it out the car window after the shock appears and the car gets incased in ice quickly climb back to the front and stay there keep an eye on the radio dial and wait for it to glow yellow that is when you will know that it is on.

This might take a few minutes as the Shocks write their messages on the iced car windows and a few more seconds after that until the radio kicks on. As soon as the dial turns yellow you will hear a woman singing a song in the static background.

You want to tune the radio so that you can clearly hear the song "Always On My Mind." The Shocks will cry out and the ice will fade.

You don't have time to waste since by now the car is completely filled with water open your car door and escape enjoy the cutscene!

I don't know how this would effect which ending you will get I have not beat it yet.
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/Irene21121/MIHSIG.png[/img]
Thanks starsail1929 for the awesome sig!
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

Interesting^ On my first playthrough, I was still trying to figure a way out when the cutscene abruptly started. On playthroughs since, I have simply been waiting. I'll have to try this next time through (never noticed the dial glowing).
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
overachiever547
Gravedigger

Post by overachiever547 »

I thought the dial was the thermostat, lol. So when the raw shock scratches "It's so cold!" on the side, I thought the response to turn off the ice nightmare was to simply turn up the heater. :mrgreen:

Hey, it worked.
Hurm...
Rion

Post by Rion »

ur-vile wrote:I ended up going through that twice and never could get the car unlocked. I assumed you had to roll down the 3 windows, wait for the text to appear, grab the flashlight, then you get the cutscene.
I died the first time I played the game. Second time I played it, I was able to get out with no problem. While in the car or escaping it, doesn't change the story at all. All I did was unlock all three car doors, grab the flash light, mess with the car radio, and then when the ice started to disappear I was able to get out with no problem. I didn't even mess with the windows, etc.
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

^Yeah it seems to have no direct effect on the game regardless of which path you take to the next scene (unless it has something to do with the game analyzing you).
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Rion

Post by Rion »

Yeah. I remember freaking out, "What the hell?! I can't get out! Nuuuu! I don't wanna do this again!"

It sucked at first. So during my second playthrough I literally was able to get out. The only reason I even bothered trying was because people have been saying that they were able to get out of the car. Initially I just thought Harry had to pass out just for the story to go on.

Apparently I was wrong, lol.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Sorry if this has been posted, but let the water get in the car, grab your flashlight when it drops, and wait until it turns nightmare. Then turn the radio until you can hear "Always on my mind" clearly, or you can wait and Harry will drown, either way will advance you. If you turn the radio there's a special scene, though.