Shattered Memories Chase 3 Help. Sorry!

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Shattered Memories Chase 3 Help. Sorry!

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Hey, Guys. Sorry for posting so much help for this game, I guess I'm just not good with puzzles too often.

Here's my problem:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I'm currently in the third Nightmare Chase 3 sequence. It happens right after you leave the Principal's office, Having acquired the number to contact the older Cheryl. I was able to get myself to the marked "X" on the map on the cellphone, However... I'm stuck. The ice-shaped people are completely blocking the way to the exit. I got a second message from this very room stating:

"Prime Paparazzi Spots, the courtyard, the parking lot, and the locker rooms. Move it!"

I have a feeling that maybe I must go into these three different spots... However, I seriously don't even know where these spots are in the school. It's seriously confusing me. Nothing else is marked on the map. Is this seriously the only way to open that blocked door? Not only that, It's already annoying enough that I must escape from enemies who tend to be much faster than I am. Not only that, But when they are in a group, It's seriously hard to knock them all off of my being without getting killed in the process and having to start all over. I already went in a circle, Because the sense of direction in this game is an epic fail. No offense to anyone. That's the only thing I truly hate about this game... The lack of knowing where the hell you need to go to progress in the game.
Help would be greatly appreciated. Trust me, If a walkthrough was already made, I wouldn't be bugging all you guys about these problems that I've encountered on the second day of playing this amazing game.

Thanks in advance for the help, You guys! =)
"I'm an Insect who dreamt he was a Man and Loved it. But now the Dream is Over... And the Insect is Awake."
- Seth Brundle/Brundlefly (The Fly 1986)
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Look for the red flashing lights, take pictures of the statues. They look like people. Then run back into the room where you got the message. If you take 2 without going back, just exit, and go back in.
The first one is outside the room with the blocked off door. You don't have to save the pics, just take them.

:]
Plus, there is a flare you can save. I'd keep it for the third one, which is in a car. That one is hard to do without it.

Plus, QUICKLY check GPS. Left button on the "+" pad if you need to. I WOULDN'T.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Yeah, Thanks. I figured it out once I stepped outside, Lol. I seriously feel stupid with these puzzles now. xD

I went through the entire area, Taking all three pictures, And saved that flare for going back to the exit so the enemies wouldn't chase me. Thank you so much for the help, I seriously appreciate it. Sadly, I'm in another chase sequence that looks like will be seriously long because it's in the hospital.
"I'm an Insect who dreamt he was a Man and Loved it. But now the Dream is Over... And the Insect is Awake."
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Eva-Unit01 wrote:Yeah, Thanks. I figured it out once I stepped outside, Lol. I seriously feel stupid with these puzzles now. xD

I went through the entire area, Taking all three pictures, And saved that flare for going back to the exit so the enemies wouldn't chase me. Thank you so much for the help, I seriously appreciate it. Sadly, I'm in another chase sequence that looks like will be seriously long because it's in the hospital.
Ahh, that one was a maze. Don't worry about that one. Grab the flare, save it, RUN FORWARD.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Made In Heaven
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Made In Heaven »

I am also stuck on the third nightmare as well. I don't know how to get to the spot marked on the map. I try to turn the flashlight out and walk quietly but they always spot me and then I die.:(
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/Irene21121/MIHSIG.png[/img]
Thanks starsail1929 for the awesome sig!
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I'm pretty sure if you take too long/die too much the game will let you go ahead without getting all three pictures.
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Lol. I did happen to get through the hospital Nightmare chase sequence. Though I died once, Because I went all the way back to where the wheelchair is where you first start. I dunno how I did it, But somehow I was able to get through it the second time. The only thing I remember allowing me to get through was that I kept crawling under about three different subway trains, Continued straight ahead, And was able to get out.

And really? That'd be pretty interesting if you died too much or took too long that you'd automatically get all three pictures. But to be honest that one wasn't hard to do. Even though I didn't need to do this, I figured out that you could die after taking a picture. When you come back out, The Flare will still be there. So when you pick that up, Go to the second picture, Drop the flare and take the picture, Then let the enemies kill you. Then you repeat the same process all over again until you're done. =P
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

What happened with me, was I got the first two pictures without much problem, then I left my game idle for a while because I was doing something else. When I went to try again for the third picture (I died on my first try because I tried to immediately get it after I got the second picture. Actually, I just found the car by accident and thought "might as well", unfortunately I had like 3 raw shocks right behind me..) I died again and when returning to the safe room the door opened automatically and I got a text message, something like "I'm tired of waiting, the door's open now."

The hospital confused me, too. I remember running for what seemed like forever, and somehow went in a huge circle ALL the way back to the wheelchair, and then getting attacked and killed by Raw Shocks when trying to turn around. The next try I magically made it somehow...
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Yeah. During that chase sequence I ended up taking all the three pictures, Saving my flare until I took the last picture. Once I did so, I used the flare to run ALL the way back to the area to get the door open. So far that and the mall chase sequence were the only ones I never looped around back to the beginning.

I made the same mistake in the hospital one. I ran in a complete circle, Running all the way back to the wheelchair. I got killed when I tried to get to the next room, But the enemies got to me and killed me. On my second try, I miraculously made it through to the puzzle area to get out as well. But I think I'll try that picture thing, Because I have to start all over now (Save filed got corrupted somehow. -Sighs.-).

I'm just curious though... Is there new enemies? So far the enemies are the same exact thing so far during each chase sequence. The only enemy I saw to be different from those "Raw Shocks" as you call them were the ones who seem to have a magnet-shaped head when you do the mall chase sequence (Before reaching to the Gumball machine puzzle.).

Aren't there more, different enemies? I could've sworn I read somewhere that the enemies change and aren't the same according to what you put down for the whole "psychological" factor in the game. I mean, That's what first drew me to play it to begin with. O_o;;
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

The enemies do change slightly depending on your psyche or w/e. In my particular game, I only saw like.. two, maybe three different shocks, and they weren't that noticeably different to me (eventually I realized that they were different, but I didn't really pay that much attention to them). I've heard of the shocks actually having pretty diverse looks to them, but they are still basically all the same monster. It is kind of a bummer in my opinion.
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Damn.

I was hoping for some diversity in the monsters, Like they always do to the rest of the Silent Hill games. But I guess we can't have it all, Eh? xD

So far I've only noticed two different Raw Shocks. Maybe three? Because now that you mention it, I did see a few that had holes in their bodies. I guess just the body and the head changes SLIGHTLY to make them different from one another.

But I do agree. I like the different monsters aspect. I kind of hoped for something that wasn't so humanoid, Like the split-faced dogs in one of the SH games. =D
Made In Heaven
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Made In Heaven »

I finally got through the school level and took the photo but I got lost on the way back and nearly died getting to the enterence. I just started the hospital so I will most likely get lost.:( HELP!
[img]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b243/Irene21121/MIHSIG.png[/img]
Thanks starsail1929 for the awesome sig!
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Made In Heaven wrote:I finally got through the school level and took the photo but I got lost on the way back and nearly died getting to the enterence. I just started the hospital so I will most likely get lost.:( HELP!
Glad to hear that you made it through. I'm currently back on the school level, Though I am almost done with it.

The only way I can help you with the hospital chase sequence is...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Just in case people don't want to know how. Don't hold this to me, Because I'm merely stating what I've remembered to get out of that place. Now, When Harry falls off the wheelchair start running straight ahead for the door. Once you go there keep going straight until you reach a place where there are subway trains. I believe you must continue straight, Then turn left. Or if that doesn't help, Stay in that area and try to find a place where you'll eventually end up having to crawl under three or four subway trains. Once you've done this, Continue just heading straight. Eventually you'll reach a room where a puzzle is needed to be solved to get out of that Nightmare Hospital.
I hope that helped. I'm going to end up going through that level soon, So I'll make sure to memorize every step of where to go to get out of there so you don't make the same mistake I did. Because I ran in circles all the way back to the wheelchair and died by the Shocks (The monsters). Once I believe I've got it all down, I'll come back and give greater direction and detail to help ya' out. GOOD LUCK! ^_^