A little tip with SHSM's "Nowhere"

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

A little tip with SHSM's "Nowhere"

Post by WolfSiberia »

This is a bit out of order, so sorry :p
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
If you find yourself running around aimlessly, with Raw Shocks about to rape you, look for differences with the doors. Some have lights, some have more ice than usual. These are the right ways.

Also, when you come to a room after falling a while, and find a light infront of you, go to it, and turn to your right. Run to the light you can just barely see. DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM THESE LIGHTS, IF YOU DO, YOU WILL HAVE TO RESET THE GAME, FOR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO FIND THEM AGAIN. I learned that the hard way.

Another hint, yet easy, when you come to the invisible walls, your flashlight is your friend.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Yeah, that happened to me. Hope that other people can avoid it. :(
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

You mean the big square rooms you fall into where you can walk into darkness or toward the light? You can get back to the light without restarting, I did it the first time falling down because I didn't see the light at first and just went running around the borders of the room.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

in zero wrote:You mean the big square rooms you fall into where you can walk into darkness or toward the light? You can get back to the light without restarting, I did it the first time falling down because I didn't see the light at first and just went running around the borders of the room.
I tried, but I kept hitting the walls.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Yeah, it took me a minute to find the light again, but I didn't reset either. I just turned off my light and ran around until I saw that glimmer in the distance.

So about the doors, though. Are you saying that the correct ones are brighter? I usually run through them at random until I got to the right one. Haha..
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

It would seem that the only ones that are brighter are toward the end of the game.

I had no problem with the big square room, honestly.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Yuki wrote:It would seem that the only ones that are brighter are toward the end of the game.

I had no problem with the big square room, honestly.
I tried. I ran around for like, 30 minutes with nothing but blackness and walls.
Ryoshockwave wrote:Yeah, it took me a minute to find the light again, but I didn't reset either. I just turned off my light and ran around until I saw that glimmer in the distance.

So about the doors, though. Are you saying that the correct ones are brighter? I usually run through them at random until I got to the right one. Haha..
Some have ice, some have ACTUAL LIGHTS FROM THE CEILING above them.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

That's odd; after I ran the perimeter and figured it out, I just ran from one corner to the opposite corner and it worked.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Yuki wrote:That's odd; after I ran the perimeter and figured it out, I just ran from one corner to the opposite corner and it worked.
I dunno that one. I'll try it tomorrow.
Rion

Post by Rion »

Wow, I actually ran toward the light... But then it just suddenly disappeared. I ran around the walls five times, making sure it was a square room. Then somehow, I found the light again and ran towards it with my flashlight still on.

The only place I was confused on was the multiple rooms, though I noticed that you're heading the right direction when you go through doors with ice surrounding them.

But I could've sworn there was a place where there weren't really hints anywhere and I just guessed where to go, lol.