Silent hill homecoming enemy advice

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

devils_dreams
Just Passing Through

Silent hill homecoming enemy advice

Post by devils_dreams »

hola people

Haven't managed to get into Homecoming quite as much as some of the others but I still love the universe.
On homecoming I'm in a hotel and there are the monstors with 4 sword like arms, and I'm having a little trouble with them, a few shots from a distance seem to work but my ammo is very limited, other than that i've got a lead pipe combat knife and the axe, but I can't seem to really get any good hits in. does anyone have any advice please?
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

well basicly right when they start thier attacks there is a small pause. Try to dodge sighlty after they start the attack. Then counter.. 8)
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

For now I'd say use the knife, it takes more hits to bring them down but if you aren't used to the combat system yet then it's your best choice. As Andi said, when they first attack use the dodge button, hopefully you should now be standing beside them rather than facing them. At this point start using the knife combo, which is 3 normal hits followed by one hard hit. Keep laying into the side of them until they're dead, if they manage to turn to face you again then dodge to the side once more and start hacking again.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
funboy
Just Passing Through

Re: Silent hill homecoming enemy advice

Post by funboy »

devils_dreams wrote:hola people

Haven't managed to get into Homecoming quite as much as some of the others but I still love the universe.
On homecoming I'm in a hotel and there are the monstors with 4 sword like arms, and I'm having a little trouble with them, a few shots from a distance seem to work but my ammo is very limited, other than that i've got a lead pipe combat knife and the axe, but I can't seem to really get any good hits in. does anyone have any advice please?
The Needlers I found to be quite easy to chop the crap out of if you use the fireaxe and time your attacks just right.

Wait til he moves, quickly dodge and counter attack then make them into hamburger with multiple axe combos.

I'm reallly, REALLY having trouble with those annoying (argh!!) edit: Schisms, been stuck at the police station for weeks...
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

devils_dreams wrote:hola people

I think a hint given in the game, is to shoot their heads. I haven't tried it though...
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
funboy
Just Passing Through

Post by funboy »

Travis wrote:I think a hint given in the game, is to shoot their heads. I haven't tried it though...

Little bastids manage to block most shots, got killed 3 times in a row trying to shoot one with the pistol...I stand by the axe method :P
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Don't bother shooting them, they block it. Attack from the sides.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Krist. wrote:Don't bother shooting them, they block it. Attack from the sides.
yeah, that summarises everything.
just dodge to their side when they attack, and do your fastest and most comfortable combo, dont bother charging, it will just interrupt you.
nowhere
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nowhere »

Try to attack in their back or side.
http://p2.foorumi.info/silenthillsuomi/index.php

silent hill forum in finland
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

dodge at the attacks and ONLY heavy atack with fire axe. if you do this you should should also be able to see a cool kill scene ^_^

funboy wrote: I'm reallly, REALLY having trouble with those annoying (argh!!) edit: Schisms, been stuck at the police station for weeks...
just doge once and keeping heavy attacking with fire axe one atack RIGHT AFTER another, they shouldn't have eonugh time to attack back, they might hit you once but that's it.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Krist. wrote:Don't bother shooting them, they block it.
True, but I've gotten in a head shot a couple of times that resulted in instant victory. It's worth it if you have the time to aim really well, which isn't often with these guys. Otherwise you're wasting your bullets!
(And I agree with the tips given.)
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

Your best choice is to go with the pipe or axe.Just press the dodge button and Alex will automatically avoid the attack,placing himself at the best possible position in order to attack.Dodge + Counterattack x 2 times will normally force the Needler to fall on his back,and then is your best chance to finish it off.
PHFTW
Just Passing Through

Post by PHFTW »

dodge and combo with the knife...works on almost anyone :wink:
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah, the knife is the best weapon in the game ('til now :P)

Goddammit those damn Schisms at the Police Station are fuckers. I tryed to shot'em with the shotgun: none. Tryed with the knife: Takes too much time. Tryed to beat the crap with the axe: My God it's tight.

Any advice?

Also, how do I manage to kill the first boss without wasting too much health? I lost like 4 health drinks during that fight, good that I died and didn't saved 'cause at the Police Station I had only 3 drinks left and wasted'em all. I suck at the dodge tricks. . . By the way, those nurses with knifes are annoying. . . One kept hitting me and I couldn't do a thing. :?
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Mephisto wrote:Yeah, the knife is the best weapon in the game ('til now :P)

Goddammit those damn Schisms at the Police Station are fuckers. I tryed to shot'em with the shotgun: none. Tryed with the knife: Takes too much time. Tryed to beat the crap with the axe: My God it's tight.

Any advice?

Also, how do I manage to kill the first boss without wasting too much health? I lost like 4 health drinks during that fight, good that I died and didn't saved 'cause at the Police Station I had only 3 drinks left and wasted'em all. I suck at the dodge tricks. . . By the way, those nurses with knifes are annoying. . . One kept hitting me and I couldn't do a thing. :?
Wow, I thought that I was just terrible at dodging Sepulcher's attacks, but you've had trouble with him too?

I always just play through the boss fights multiple times until I know their attacks and how much health drinks and ammo I should spend on them.

In fact, that's probably why I haven't finished the game yet even though I've had it for almost six months. :|
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Wow I just finished the game. Don't worry. This boss was hard for me only on the first 2 times :P
After that you'll learn how to dodge (I suggest you train that on weak monsters, like the Needlers for example)

By the way, there's a thread here, on the "Daddy Help Me!" forum, that many members (me too) posted advice on how to kill the Sepulcher. You should check it, man. ;)
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

I've found that the combat knife works best. When they attack, counter with fast attack, fast attack, powerful attack,(A, A, X on xbox 360) and repeat for a good combo
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial