I'm at a crossroads (Homecoming question)-Spoilers-

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Aldo
Just Passing Through

I'm at a crossroads (Homecoming question)-Spoilers-

Post by Aldo »

I have just beat the Scarlet boss and have a save a little later in the game at the Cemetery. I also still have my save before the Scarlet boss. Here's where my question comes in:

My save in Hell's Descent has 4 health drinks, a serum and a first aid kit. My save in the cemetery has no health drinks, two first aid kits and a serum. So should I go back and improve against Scarlett so I can retain some health drinks, or should I be ok to continue from my cemetery save?
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
Matador
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Matador »

Its up to you man.
I mean, you will get more Health drinks and kits later on.
Listen, I beat the last boss with ONE health drink, no kit, ONE shotgun bullet, and one round of pistol ammo.. So its your choice.

...Just throwin' it out there.
[color=red][i]don't wanna follow the laws of man
bloody apron, Leg of Lamb[/i][/color]
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

I'll save that save before Scarlett in case my current run is too hairy, but for now I'm going to head to the Shepherd house and solder on.
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

I had no health left after the first time I fought her. Don't worry, you'll do fine. The saves don't count against you in this one (I think) so feel free to save whenever you see the sign - health or not you'll find some later.
Only some of my posts are serious.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

There's plenty of health drinks later troughout the game, you shouldn't worry about it. Also, save any serums that you get. Only use'em if you're in huge trouble.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Yeah, in the Shepherd's House (not straight away, but soon, you'll see what I mean) a savepoint pops up that you can keep returning to like after every move if you choose to, and very soon after this the game gets much more generous with health and ammo.

However you could probably do better against Scarlet, if you use the right weapons she can be quite easy - use up all of your ammo against her, then crowbar her within an inch of her life until she goes into crab mode, then pull out the knife and keep her pinned down. If you take your serum during the battle instead of health items as well (let your health drain in the attack if it does, before using any health items, once it gets to a bare minimum, use the serum) then you'll take less damage from monster attacks from then on (that's what a serum does).
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

If you didn't get the crowbar, you'll want it. Also, in the shepard house, make one save at the very beginning, as soon as you can (before solving any puzzles) and then save periodically on another save file throughout the process. The house is major badly bugged sometimes.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

Yeah I grabbed the crowbar. I knew it was a hidden item so I initially figured I wouldn't find it, but since I like to search out every nook and cranny of a level, I stumbled upon it.
Daisukenojo
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Daisukenojo »

The game is basically stupidly easy at this point IMO, so I think you'll do fine
[quote="Catch22"]Wait, wasn't the guy in the trailer wearing a shirt? You know who else wore a shirt? Hitler.

Hitler confirmed as SH6 protagonist.[/quote]
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

You weren't wrong about that. The boss fights got really easy after Scarlet.
KristinT
Just Passing Through

Post by KristinT »

After I killed
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Asphyxia
I wasn't prepared for the fact that
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
there wasn't a second stage to the slayage as per the previous two bosses.
So I spent a good minute or so circling around it, paranoid and out of ammunition, Pulski Axe in hand shouting at the computer "IS IT DEAD NOW? IS IT DEAD??"
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

With each boss in SH:H except the final, on which I was obviously prepared to use all of my health items, I fought them once, enough to work out their weakness, then resumed from my save point and fought them again so I didn't lose the health I originally did while working out how to fight them.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

I did that with Scarlet (the first boss is so easy I didnt need to play him again), but only because Scarlet kept killing me.

With Asphyxia and the final boss I had little to no trouble with them. The only thing you have to watch for with Asphyxia is the tail sweep she does. That attack has a pretty good range.