SH:H, I think i missed something....

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

firechild376
Just Passing Through

SH:H, I think i missed something....

Post by firechild376 »

Hey, im currently on my first play through Homecoming and im at the part where you have to go back through the cemetery the second time to get back to Alex's house. However, after reading posts i seem to have missed some weapons, the crowbar and the rifle in particular. How/Where do i find them and is there anyothers i have missed?
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

You get the crowbar in Hell's Decent right before you fight Scarlet. If you managed to beat Scarlet without it don't worry, you really don't need it for the rest of the game. Even though I picked it up I completed the rest of the game without it.

As for the rifle. I can't remember where exactly I got it, but I picked it up later in the game, now there is a gun you can miss if you don't know where to find it, but it's not the rifle.
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

The Rifle is easy to miss. You have to get the two correct stones (hint, one ISN'T in the cemetery) and purposefully backtrack to Dargento Cemetery before entering the prison to unlock key to the door where the rifle is. But this is all in Silent Hill.

Later, you get a police rifle, which is a moderate upgrade in power.

I'd worry more about the Serums you likely missed (Town Hall, Hotel, Fitch's Office, Hell Descent, Rose Heights Cemetery, Streets of Silent Hill (Alchemilla), Overlook Penitentiary, Lair)

If you haven't found 4 by now, make sure you don't miss any more in the future. Starting with the Cemetery, as they become immensely useful later in the game.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Note that the rifle isn't in the cemetery of Sheperd's Glen, it's the one in Silent Hill.

You can get the crowbar in Hell Descent. In my opinion it's the best weapon against dogs, axe-heads, order dudes and lurkers. If you missed it don't worry, the pipe is fine too.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Your avatar is too big.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

100x100 pixels only, please.
firechild376
Just Passing Through

Post by firechild376 »

thanks guys, ill take this on board for my next playthrough, and i found the pistol upgrade in there :)
KristinT
Just Passing Through

Post by KristinT »

Crap, I just posted in the Homecoming section about this. I missed the Rifle too. I thought it was something to do with the jewels I found around the cemetery and the statue in the big garden, but that didn't work. Then I found one outside the cemetery somewhere outside Silent Hill and thought it wasn't to do with the statue after all. Then I was running for my life from eleventy Ferals and twelfty Schisms and backtracking to the cemetery wasn't an option for a while, then I was at the Prison and couldn't figure out how to get back and stressed that it was too late. Crafty, crafty game.
capillaries
Just Passing Through

Re: SH:H, I think i missed something....

Post by capillaries »

If you don't get the rifle at the Dargento Cemetary, can you still get the police-rifle, or do you have to have the first one to get the 'upgraded' one? It's a bit too much backtracking in Silent Hill for my taste, and there's so many lurkers.. But i need more weapons, i think.. i'm short on serums too. not very skilled..
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

If you don't get the rifle at the Dargento Cemetary, can you still get the police-rifle [ . . .]
Yes, you can. I missed the Cemetery Rifle on my first playthrough and found the Police Marksman Rifle later without any problems.
capillaries
Just Passing Through

Post by capillaries »

okay, thanks awesome! is it worth getting the rifle though? until you find the next one..?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^ Both are the same thing, in my opinion.
But you should get the one from the cemetery because it might give you some advantages when fighting tough enemies.
capillaries
Just Passing Through

Post by capillaries »

okay. thanks so much! i think i'm going to go get it. FIGHT THE ENDLESS LURKERS.