Silent Hill 1 Ps2/3 issues

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Imnotazombie
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill 1 Ps2/3 issues

Post by Imnotazombie »

So recently I bought the first game, played on my Ps3 and then received the dreaded BUZZING noise whenever you use a gun. Then I found out that doesn't happen on the Ps2, so I bought a new controller for it (I couldn't find my old one) and now the game boots but not past the "Konami" symbol. Its REALLY annoying how technology has to be so friggin difficult. So do you guys have any remedies that don't involve getting a new ps2 or ps1? THANKS.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m96mafdh081r4v6xxo1_500.gif
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Is the game disc scratched at all? If it is, try cleaning it up w/ a CD cleaner.

If not, maybe you need to buy a new disc all together. :?
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I have SH1 and I play it in my PS2 and nothing like this happens.

I, too, think it might be a problem with your cd.
Imnotazombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Imnotazombie »

It actually isn't scratched. Plus I was able to play the game on Ps3 and would be able to beat it, the sound glitch...it has nothing to do with the disk its Ps3 issue, but I wouldn't want to waste the experience with that noise. So I'm pretty sure its not the disk. It's pry my Ps2 its like 5 years old, and its used as the dvd player in my household and people forget to turn it off. So I guess I'll just get a new ps2 or ps1 which ever is cheaper. Thanks for the help though, I didn't even think anyone would reply.
LSSJGamer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by LSSJGamer »

I had the same issue with SH1 on my PS3. (When it wasn't killed) I would use the handgun and then *bzzztfjdhgkdsughdlkgbd*. I was like "WTF?!" My suggestion is to use your PS2 although it sounds as though it is overused. I would invest in another PS2 to play the PS2/PS1 games as the PS3 has issues playing PS1 games. I played Legend of Legaia, got really far into the game only to be stopped at the same point every time because of some error on my PS3. PS2 games work fine on PS3, but if your PS3 wears out or a psycho destroys it (like someone did mine) then all of your game files are lost. What are PS2s now.. like $100?
*Insert Legendary signature here*
spunkytexan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by spunkytexan »

I bought a slim line PS2 to play all my PS2 titles, only to find out some just plain no longer work on the newer PS2.
Now the dream of this life must end, and so, too, must the dreamers within it.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

the sound glitch...it has nothing to do with the disk its Ps3 issue
I know.
I was talking about the PS2. You said you tryed playing it in your PS2 too, no? I was talkin' about that.
Imnotazombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Imnotazombie »

Mephisto wrote:
the sound glitch...it has nothing to do with the disk its Ps3 issue
I know.
I was talking about the PS2. You said you tryed playing it in your PS2 too, no? I was talkin' about that.
Yeah I know I was just trying to explain it had nothing to do with the CD, as I tested it on my Ps3 also and it got farther in.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Clean the laser lens on the PS2. If that doesn't solve it, try another PS1 game. it's likely either the eye trolley motor is bad or the lens itself is dirty.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
NavySeal74
Just Passing Through

Post by NavySeal74 »

On your ps2 menu press triangle you can make ps1 games look and run better.

And top option console diagnoses select on makes laser work better.
WII code coming soon
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

I have the same problem playing on the PS3. Any time I use the Handgun or Shotgun it makes that extremely obnoxious buzzing sound. When I use the Rifle, it almost completely mutes every sound in the game.

I solve it by switching to a melee weapon, though it is still annoying as hell that I can't use the handgun without hearing that buzzing sound. But it seems to happen mostly in the beginning at the game. During the second half, it barely happens.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

From what I have read about this PS3 buzzing noise bug, it's the stereo/mono settings, apparently doesn't happen on the mono setting. I've seen quite a few people saying it's worked for them too. Bloody awful noise though, it's like that noise you hear when your phone rings if it's too near a speaker.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]