(SH:3) Have I Done Enough to Earn the "Posessed" E

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Kampfgruppe Haus
Just Passing Through

(SH:3) Have I Done Enough to Earn the "Posessed" E

Post by Kampfgruppe Haus »

I just got to the Amusement Park on my second playthrough. I've slaughtered nearly every living(?) thing I could find in each level save for a few Split-Heads and Pendulums, and I've taken an obscene amount of damage in the process. I'm doing great so far but I'm running very low on ammo and health supplies. I know there are a few more preconditions I have to meet, but can I stop getting into brutal fights with the toughest monsters and just run away like a not-crazy person now? Have I killed enough monsters already or must I keep sundering life?
I mean, shit. I just had to kill the Hospital boss in melee!
Desperately seeking a real abandoned city, preferably in New Jersey or the tri-state area, where I can live out my Silent Hill fantasies. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone looks promising but it's kinda far...
theParsa
Just Passing Through

Post by theParsa »

Depends on how many enemies you killed the last playthrough, and also how much damage you have taken (more is better), and did you forgive in the confession booth, this also gives you score...
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

You have to kill everything in the entire game w/ melee. Including bosses, all of them. Get the Light saber. It will help you out tremendously. Also, go out of your way to look for rooms w/ enemies. There is a room in the sewers and one in the church that you never need to go into but there are enemies in there to kill and rank up points. 3-4 in each extra room.

BTW If you are attempting the Possession ending as a first playthrough ending, it will not work. By default you get the Normal ending (or "Bad" ending if you try to kill Claudia instead of taking the Aglophotis). This cannot be changed. The Possessed and UFO endings are only opened up after the first playthrough is completed. I suggest waiting until playthough 3 or 4, once you get the hang of it.
Kampfgruppe Haus
Just Passing Through

Wait, you seriously have to kill EVERYTHING in MELEE? I've killed a lot but it definitely wasn't everything, and I mostly used guns. Did I seriously just waste that much time?
Desperately seeking a real abandoned city, preferably in New Jersey or the tri-state area, where I can live out my Silent Hill fantasies. The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone looks promising but it's kinda far...
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

Kampfgruppe Haus wrote:Wait, you seriously have to kill EVERYTHING in MELEE?
uh... no, you don't.

kill as many monsters as you can with whatever weapon you want, take as much damage as you can (use the bulletproof vest), and make sure to forgive the confessor in the church. as long as this isn't your first playthrough, that should do it.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I suggested melee because it results in more damage taken as well. If you kill everything w/ guns, you'll receive very little damage. You need 1000 points of damage. Your not going to get that by using guns, unless your a really bad shot.
Kampfgruppe Haus
Just Passing Through

Okay, cool. I've engaged in quite a bit of gunplay but I've mixed it up in hand to hand to with the flashing red health screens to prove it. And I'm on my second playthrough. Wish me luck!
SHF

Post by SHF »

kill 300 monsters. i think thats correct. but head over to gamefaqs.com for sure
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]