Tips on Origins

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Tips on Origins

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Hi, I can't seem to save up health drinks in Origins and I really want to play through the whole game. I constantly have trouble running into lying figures and I can't avoid them. Also, I've noticed that Travis can lose health just by running for a long period of time. I need to know how to save up enough health drinks and dodge lying figures better. Help!
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I have this problem too with every game I play for the first time. I know it's bad lol, but I always play until I lose all my health stuff, then use my codebreaker and play through the rest of the game. Then when I'm ready to start a new game, I do the same thing and hope I don't run out... And I usually don't run out.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Re: Tips on Origins

Post by Mephisto »

1st thing: Change your avatar. It's too big.
2nd thing: Help in a game goes in "Daddy help me!" part of the forum.
3rd thing: Stop with the necrobump, unless if you have something interesting to say.

I know you're new and everything but read the FAQ's.

Okay, I had some problems about the Straight Jackets on the streets too when I first played.
Make sure to explore all the places in Alchemilla and get every weapon and item that you see. That will leave you with a lot of things to fight back. A nice tactic is to let them catch you. Just wait for the "button press" screen and press whatever button the game tells you to. If you do that right the Straight Jackets will be kinda dizzy (but only for a short time) and that will be a good time to attack 'em or to run away.

And you don't waste health when you run, you waste stamina. Just wait a couple of minutes and Travis' stamina will regenerate.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

Uyrikeustek wrote:I constantly have trouble running into lying figures and I can't avoid them. Also, I've noticed that Travis can lose health just by running for a long period of time. I need to know how to save up enough health drinks and dodge lying figures better. Help!
What I do when I meet lying figures outdoors is this: go near them as fast as possible and beat them up with a melee weapon or with Travis' almighty fists. That way they usually don't have time to attack except their spit attack which I believe is fairly easy to avoid. Alternatively, try to circle around them before attacking.
When you meet them indoors, you can simply turn off your flashlight, sneak up on them and beat them meleewise like before. Or you can just throw TVs and stuff from a distance.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
SHF

Post by SHF »

heres wut u do. intentionally fite them, dont run.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
c10ckw0rk
Just Passing Through

Post by c10ckw0rk »

I have no issues with the lying figures except in close quarters, I run past them like a breeze. The cow carcasses I have a bit of a problem with, but I only use ammo for boss fights or areas where I know hand to hand combat will kill my health
SHF

Post by SHF »

The carrions you mean. avoid them at all costs, except in close quarters.
Always sneak up on them, and power charge your melle attack ( hold in x)
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]