Silent Hill Problems With Vista

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Silent Hill Problems With Vista

Post by katanamaster40 »

hey i have the silentscape version of this game and i know its just a conversion but i tried it on a laptop with windows vista and it keeps poping out:"ePSXe has stopped working" can someone please help us with this thanks in advanced
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Re: Silent Hill Problems With Vista

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Wrong section. Moving to the Daddy Help Me section. I can't help you, but I hope someone else can.
katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Post by katanamaster40 »

Harrys_Girl wrote:Wrong section. Moving to the Daddy Help Me section. I can't help you, but I hope someone else can.
sorry i thought the daddy help me was intended for asking questions when you get stuck in a certain area in any game
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

It is for any problems you are having involving in the game as well as in-game play. There are several threads on system problems, so hopefully you can get help in here.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

This is a downloaded version of the game. While using an emulator is a viable solution, I'd suggest a back up of your own original disc, or using the original disc itself and the emulator separately.

With that in mind, How did you install epsxe? There are some specifics you need to do, especially in Vista (Runas administrator or *shudder* disable the UAC [not recommended]) to get it to work. Always using an updated version of ePSXe is a good idea, as well as possibly using a good front end like ePSXecutor to set up your games. What BIOS version is your PSX (where you got your BIOS SCHP file for running the PSX games), and what method did you use to rip it?
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Post by katanamaster40 »

paladin181 wrote:This is a downloaded version of the game. While using an emulator is a viable solution, I'd suggest a back up of your own original disc, or using the original disc itself and the emulator separately.

With that in mind, How did you install epsxe? There are some specifics you need to do, especially in Vista (Runas administrator or *shudder* disable the UAC [not recommended]) to get it to work. Always using an updated version of ePSXe is a good idea, as well as possibly using a good front end like ePSXecutor to set up your games. What BIOS version is your PSX (where you got your BIOS SCHP file for running the PSX games), and what method did you use to rip it?
i'm afraid i can't do that i lost my disc of silent hill for the PSX 7 years ago...and if i did find it its in japanese

and i didn't install epsxe it came with that silentscape version of silent hill...like i said it was just a conversion so its not really a pc version its just a pc rip if its installing it will install the iso and epsxe but the installation stops when it says registering fonts then if you go play the game it will say epsxe has stopped working i know its not the font with the problem cause i have a laptop with xp and i don't remember it installing those fonts.

hmm...i haven't tried running as administrator but it did work when i was playing silent hill 2...ok i'll try it thanks for helping
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

As much as I'd like to help you, I don't think it's a good idea to offer anymore support on this. I'd seriously suggest finding a legit copy and getting the emulator separately, and installing the latest version of ePSXe, rather than any prebottled version that may not support Vista properly.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
katanamaster40
Just Passing Through

Post by katanamaster40 »

paladin181 wrote:As much as I'd like to help you, I don't think it's a good idea to offer anymore support on this. I'd seriously suggest finding a legit copy and getting the emulator separately, and installing the latest version of ePSXe, rather than any prebottled version that may not support Vista properly.
i re-installed the game yesterday running as administrator didn't work so i guess it leaves me to downloading the latest epsxe curse my obselete internet for being too slow in downloading!
DAMN HR5 NARGACUGA!!!!
Redklok
Just Passing Through

Post by Redklok »

The Vista OS has more problems with playing old games. You can't play Red Alert 1 either on Vista. I'd suggest you install either windows 7 or windows xp.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

You always can install a virtual machine with Windows XP and try there... My scanner doesn't work with Vista but it does work with the XP OS that I have in my virtual machine...