Candle Clarification please (SH: The Room)

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Matrix
Just Passing Through

Candle Clarification please (SH: The Room)

Post by Matrix »

Am I suppost to use the holy candles on the entire apartment or will just using them on the "room" be enough?

And how do I know if I have cleared eighty percent of the hauntings?

I'm trying to get thre Escape ending on this run through.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re: Candle Clarification please

Post by SilentWren »

Use them anywhere there is a haunting. Anytime Eileen is standing in one spot for a long time, especially if she's really hurt, burn a candle on the floor next to her as well. (Got this from an online strategy guide.)

I hope that helps you out.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Matrix
Just Passing Through

Post by Matrix »

I got a save after apartment world set apart.
Last time I got the Mother ending. I think I use too many candles on Eileen.

How many should I use?

Can i just use one on her using that glitch before obtaining the umbilical chord.

Thanks for the info.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I think you might be fucked, lol.
You may not have cleared enough of the hauntings out of your apartment throughout the game.

(I usually use the candle on Eileen twice, but I don't remember where the first time is. Whoops.)

I don't recall...4 has a stat screen @ the end, right? Nevermind. It wouldn't say anything about the hauntings anyway, would it?
You might have to try again...
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Matrix
Just Passing Through

Post by Matrix »

^
Im about to enter the hospital world. I wanted some advice before advancing any further.
The ending I got last time was Mother. Aand I used about four candles on Eye Lean.
So I'll try to put your tips in the frying pan.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Err...What? :D

Yeah, just take good care of your apartment and you'll probably be fine. Good luck.

Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Well, I don't know the Eileen candle trick, but I can give you a couple of pointers for cleaning your room.

For starters, set the candles within the "damage zone." That's where they're most effective, and you'll be able to tell because the candle burns down quickly.

Secondly, and this is the boring part, stand there and watch the candle burn completely out. Even if the haunting has quieted down. If you leave before it's done, the haunting may recover and you'll be down one candle. If you do that too often, you'll start relying on Saint Medallions, and that isn't fun.

If you miss even one haunting, you won't be eligible for either of the endings that require a clean room.

Good luck. :)
Last edited by Kenji on 27 Sep 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix
Just Passing Through

Post by Matrix »

It means I will follow your advice thoroughly :-)
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

This should really be in the Daddy Help Me section. Moving.

Tips:
-Put your first candle away. Every candle after that, use it when you find a haunting.
-If you begin to accumulate a surplus of Medallions after fighting the ghosts, use those on any remaining hauntings.
-Use the candle on Eileen by placing it in the apartment lobby, the center of the room, then make her stand by it until it burns all the way out.
-If you've been protecting Eileen the whole game and she doesn't look too bad, don't bother wasting the candle on her and use it on any left over hauntings before hopping into the black hole in the floor.
Typographenia

Re: Candle Clarification please (SH: The Room)

Post by Typographenia »

One thing I tried that helped a lot was letting more than one haunting show up.

Sometimes you'll get really lucky and they'll start to group around the same area and you can take out two or three with one candle. However, sometimes it may not be quite enough and one of them will return. It helps keep you from using your candles up too quickly, but it's a pain when they are really far apart. Also, be sure you check that laundry room, and be willing to use a candle on a haunting that's really obstructing your navigation of the apartment.
Matrix
Just Passing Through

Re: Candle Clarification please (SH: The Room)

Post by Matrix »

Thanks for the help. I got the "Escape" ending. The remaining two conclusions shouldn't be too difficult to get...Come on Eileen. walk right on up!
And I found that nurse uniform for her...should be fun the next playthrough.