SHH: Scarlet

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

SHH: Scarlet

Post by Zeraylph »

Im playing Silent Hill:Homecoming I bought via steam on October.

But for some reason, everytime Scarlet is knocked over. Alex can't seem to pry open her backside to make her go into the 2nd phase.

Something wrong here? I've tryed looking around, I read it could be a bad glitch. I've reloaded multiple times.

Hit Scarlet's legs, arms with crowbar, and I've done the prying animation countless times, yet she won't go to 2nd phase.

Am I screwed? :(

I tryed clicking the left mouse button slowly during animation, and spamming, even mashing (well not that bad) lol.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: SHH: Scarlet

Post by Typographenia »

In a sense, yes, you're screwed.

I'm fairly certain the game is broken beyond reason, but you can remedy it with a save file that is past scarlet. I don't know if there are any active links still floating around for it, but someone on here said they would be uploading one before too long. Can't remember if it happened yet, though...
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

Thanks for confirmation!

Yeah, I found a save file while looking around out there. That continues after beating Scarlet
a fileden link. Thanks again! now to continue. :D

Yeah this game has a lot of glitches and bugs, from being stuck on an object, or the camera being screwed up. Konami is too lazy to even patch these.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

I don't think it's so much being lazy as it is just not seeing any point.
The game didn't sell tremendously well, they only hired the team on for that one game, so why should they bother spending time/resources to fix it? : (

Regardless, glad you found a game save. Would you maybe mind linking to it (if it's allowed) for some future questions about it? We were rather unsuccessful in locating one last time.
Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Post by Zeraylph »

http://www.4shared.com/file/rl_14bay/shv_save.html

Here ya go! :D

http://johnlemartirao.wordpress.com/201 ... omecoming/

There is the site where I found it. Had it bookmarked somehow.

"5. Town Hall – after defeating Scarlet. After defeating her, there is nothing to see but a cutscene where Alex receive the Founders’ Key. Remember the save point in Shepherd’s Glen Town Hall? That’s it."

Apparently there are 5 save options to load.Seems 5th one is the one Im looking for
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Well that's a relief. Absolved of responsibility here, since I don't have SH:H installed any longer...
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

Homecoming is so full of glitches! I have no clue how the testers didn't catch and fix those. Glad to see that you beat the glitch :]
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.