Shattered Memories save file corruption

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Shattered Memories save file corruption

Post by Doo-glas »

so get this, my save for Shattered Memories somehow got corrupt and I was forced to delete it, meaning I'm gonna have to start all fucking over

all fucking night I played it, well there was a night wasted

there's nothing I can do about it, but I was wondering, has anyone else had this problem before? I've never had something like this happen to me in a game before, either it's some weird glitch or the hard-drive on my Wii is fucked up because it's been so rare that I play it
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Re: Shattered Memories save file corruption

Post by simeonalo »

Yes, it's a common problem. There's the glitch thread in the SM section for this, and a lot of people have numerous problems and bugs with the game.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: Shattered Memories save file corruption

Post by Typographenia »

Yes.

My first playthrough I was around 1 hour from finishing when it happened to me. It was because I had been saving the photos I was taking. My game locked up, I couldn't access menus or exit the camera mode, and my file was corrupted when I reset the game.

Almost made me want to not play it, but I picked myself right back up and started over. Beat the game 6 times within the following week or two. It never gave me any problems since.

I think if you'll give your game a moment to "load" before going into new areas or through doors and not save any photos you should be a-okay.