Switching Models

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Zeraylph
Just Passing Through

Switching Models

Post by Zeraylph »

Is there like a safe method, let's say I get tired of playing as Heather.

I wanna play as Vincent or Claudia. Is there like a safe method to switch model files in the PC Folder somewhere? Backup original Heather model, then overwrite with copy of whatever model.
Jirachi!!!! Make a Wish!
Magnolia
Just Passing Through

Re: Switching Models

Post by Magnolia »

I want to play as SH1 Dahlia or Origins Alessa. That would be awesome.

EDIT: OH GOD IF THOSE ARE POSSIBLE...IT WOULD MEAN IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMPORT SADDLER FROM RE4. THEN ALL YOU NEED IS AN INVINCIBILITY AND PSYCHIC POWERS MOD AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Image Image
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I'm sure it's possible if you hack the game and change the skin of the character model. I'm not a game hacker, so I wouldn't know, but still I wouldn't advise it. Other than that, no it is not possible.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

Backing up your information somewhere is the best, safest way of doing it. You pretty much seem to have the right idea already.

I'm not sure how well things will translate, however. Some character models are built specifically for certain constructions, and if those conditions aren't met you might find yourself with some rather bizarre results. Be prepared in case you are met with some models that don't accurately represent Claudia, Vincent, or whoever.

If that doesn't work, you might have to go into a readme file and change some values. The list might seem rather daunting at first, but it's really not too bad once you give it a moment to figure out what is what.
DarkReign27
Subway Guard

Post by DarkReign27 »

Like Typographenia says, All the models have unique files, I tried for two days trying to do this with SH4 and it crashed all different ways I tried. I managed to just be able to swap models relating to characters Cynthia costumes, or Eileen costumes. The player models like James, Henry and Heather are unique and have more files and model technicalities since they are free moving (Eileen never holds a shovel so there is no animation for her model), than cut-scene ones which are placed in scenes (I learned this from Grand Theft Auto 3's player models & most other player models in other games they have more things to them than others.) I tried changing things in SH2 and it crashed a lot more for me changing any files. SH3 is packaged a lot more than the other SilentHills were.The models have different physics and ID values, only thing that works in SH3 for that matter is texture modding like this.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
this is as far as anyone and myself can get with editing, the actual game textures. Models are more complex. You can take models out and put into 3dsmax but to put them back into the game, have not found it anywhere and you really have to be a creator most likely the Silent Hill games are complex the way they do things. They used Softimage for some models too I believe, this is impossible stuff "to play as other characters" :( This pretty much sums it up unless some amazing person out there did it and never released it but I doubt even the most sophisticated couldn't do this unless yer Team Silent!

"Cheryl ? Is that Cheryl !?"
|
SH Tributes Part 0 to 5 at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarkR27