Can't "x" the typewriter in Bookhaven Hospital. Help?

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

cmm6016
Just Passing Through

Can't "x" the typewriter in Bookhaven Hospital. Help?

Post by cmm6016 »

Currently in the hospital document room, and for some odd reason, I can't get the carbon paper for the last code to solve the Louise puzzle. Maria was in the way the first time, so I figured I could try again once she laid down in the one room. But I can't do it at all!

Sorry, kinda frustrated here.. Could anyone possibly help? I'm on easy difficulty if that means anything.
'Bout as dead as anyone's bound to get.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Can't "x" the typewriter in Bookhaven Hospital. Help?

Post by alone in the town »

It's more of a trick of precision than it ought to be. I've had problems with it myself. All you can do is keep trying.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

Huh, that's odd. Keep trying to move around and click on it for a while. If that doesn't work then maybe consider loading up an earlier save and try again. It's a game, weird things happen.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

SH2 has tons of bugs in it. I agree that you should load an earlier save, if possible. Or, start a new game. It won't take much time to get there again. I've had some pretty awful (and hilarious) bugs too.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I've never come across any real bugs in all the times (and versions) of the game I've played.

The problem here isn't a bug but a design flaw. There are objects surrounding the typewriter which James will examine when the X button is pressed, and you have to position yourself exactly to hit the typewriter rather than the scattered papers surrounding it.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I've never had an issue w/ my PS2 version. I usually approach from the side of the desk and hit action. Just wiggle around, I guess and if it still doesn't work, it may be something weird w/ the game. So restart and hope it fixes itself.

Also, moving to Daddy Help Section.