PROBLEMS WITH SH2

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

BERNEV
Just Passing Through

PROBLEMS WITH SH2

Post by BERNEV »

I've had my SH2 (PS2) for many years. It's the one with the DVd of the making of SH2 included. anyway, I tried to fire it up today and it told me to "connect analog controller to port 1". Well, the controller was already connected and no amount of button pushing or re-booting made it move beyond that screen. Any ideas? Some other information - all my other PS2 games still play fine on the console and the SH2 DVD did play on the console but it came out green. This DVD played normally in another DVD player. Is it my PS2 or the game? Thanx
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: PROBLEMS WITH SH2

Post by leftshoe18 »

This isn't really the correct section for this. Also...I have no idea why only one game would stop reading the controller. It sounded like a hardware problem before you mentioned that your other games play fine. I'll try looking into this and tell if I find anything.

Edit:
It looks like it's not an isolated incident. This person had a similar problem with their PS2.

Edit 2:
The only suggested solution that I found was to clean out the disk reader (or the game). I remember cleaning the reader on my Playstation 1 to fix a similar problem back in the day. If all else fails, Playstation 2's aren't that expensive these days.
Xev
Historical Society Historian

Post by Xev »

Its the PS2. That is what started happening to mine until it finally basically died: it only plays one of my games. Could be that controler too...
BERNEV
Just Passing Through

Post by BERNEV »

Thank you. As I'm not an expert, any chance letting me know how to clean the disc drawer and reader please?!!
Alex420
Just Passing Through

Post by Alex420 »

Play other games. What I do is blow on the controller connector and in the PS2 port. If the controller isn't wonky with other games, then you know it's either...

a) The disc - the disc could be dirty or scratched. Hold it up to light, if you see lots of scratches then you know it's the disc. Give the disc a cleaning.
b) Lens reader - your PS2 lens could be dirty. Use a q-tip + rubbing alcohol to lightly swab the lens.

Or you could just do what I do and download the PC version. 8)
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Moving this to 'Daddy! Help me!' where it belongs. :)
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.