Lost in Downpour

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Lost in Downpour

Post by SGTCOOL »

I just got to the streets of silent hill, and I have NO clue what to do. (Main objective in the journal: GET OUT OF SILENT HILL) There are just a bunch of locked boxes that require number combinations that I haven't come across. I can't tell what is a side mission or main objective. And a subway with two locked doors and no keys in sight. And an obnoxious cop car that keeps driving around. And now there are the prisoner monsters. I accepted the two monster types up to this point, but this guy has to be the WORSE enemy design I have seen in a silent hill. They're so dumb and silly that I laugh every time I see one. They look like they're ripped from the game "The Suffering." And the freezing/frame stuttering is pretty jarring. I feel kinda embarrassed for this game honestly. I was digging the first couple hours, but everything seems to have fallen apart. Unless I'm really stupid and am missing something that is obvious, I am effectively stuck at this point.
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Re: Downpour Review Thread

Post by Nillin »

You're embarrassed for the game because you can't figure it out? -_-
I once was lost, but am now profound.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Lost in Downpour

Post by SGTCOOL »

I figured out how to get out of that area after running around for far too long (It wasn't the most obvious level design.) No, let me clarify. I'm embarrassed for the game because I find it really silly. I just started fighting some doll women who spawn ghosts who punch you in the face. In fact, every monster just fights you like a human would. The prisoner guys who look like they're wearing sweat pants even sound like regular ol' guys when they fight you. It's...not scary. In fact, everyone who walks into the room for a few seconds while I'm playing this usually start laughing at the game regardless of what's going on. I call that embarrassing. The puzzles usually involve giving you numbers that you must place in a random order using the process of elimination. I don't like that. It's a real shame because I find the story pretty intriguing. If it weren't for that I would have turned the game off hours ago and would have gladly never picked it up again. And this comes from someone who has beaten his least favorite silent hill (Homecoming) at least five times.
Asphyxia606
Just Passing Through

Re: Lost in Downpour

Post by Asphyxia606 »

Yeah. I just beat the Motel or whatever and the game isn't all that great so far. It isn't fun, interesting, or even the slightest bit scary.
Previous SHH Accounts - BlackFire, BlackFire2