(Downpour) Fishing Rod

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

(Downpour) Fishing Rod

Post by Eric-3 »

Does anyone know where the Fishing Rod for the beggar is? I'm playing on PS3 on Normal puzzle difficulty. I mean from first-hand experience, by finding it yourself, not where you've read or heard where it's supposed to be.

I've looked in 3 different places that it's supposed to be, based on what I've read or what I've seen in a couple of videos, and I can't seem to find it.

On a related topic, is anyone else's subway access not working? Some of the doors were working before, but now they all seem to be locked. I've tried them from both directions where possible.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: (Downpour) Fishing Rod

Post by phantomess »

Have you been to the docks yet? I found the fishing rod, but I can't remember where I found it! It makes sense if I found it at the docks, though. You'll find the docks through an opening in a fence as you're exploring up northwards, near the drawbridge. I know I found the fishing rod sometime around that point in the game when I was exploring that area.

As for underground, I never made it through any of the locked doors into the underground area at all in my playthrough! :( There was one particular tunnel I was able to proceed through for a while, but then there was just a locked door and I had to backtrack out of it.
Did I miss a key?
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

You have to completely finish the homeless man's side quest before all of the underground tunnels are unlocked. If I remember correctly, he only opens up one or two at a time with each new thing you bring him until you finally bring him the fishing rod, which he'll then open up the tunnels for Pleasant River and the Port District. But if they were previously working and now they aren't, I don't know what to tell you. :/
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

phantomess : Yeah. I've checked the dock, the side of the house at the dock, and the sewer across the street.

Harlequin: That's the impression I was under. I guess it's a bug. :(

I just moved on ahead and finished the game since that Fishing Rod seems to be glitched. Maybe I'll try for it again if I get around to another playthrough later. Thanks.
Progmetty
Just Passing Through

Post by Progmetty »

I can't find the coat he asked for, I was still hoping that after I give him a coat he won't be asking for anything else but I already got the fishing rod at the spot you guys mentioned.
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

The coat should be in a thrift store in Chastain Heights. I can't remember it's exact location other than that (like where it is opposed to the movie theatre or anything like that).
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

The fishing rod is located in differnt locations depending on your puzzle difficulty.

All in pleasant river
Easy: leaning on a barrel in the middle of the 2 docks
Normal: The underground sewer place.. thing. where the underground tunnel ends in pleasant river. I think its called a water way... lmao idk
Hard: Near the king ave. brige on boardwalk path

Hope this helps

Also people have been saying that somtimes the coat gliches and never shows up. So same could go for the fishing poll i think :? ?
oO?
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

Yeah, those are all the places I checked. Thanks. I'll just look for it again on a second playthrough.
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Please please please help me!

haha

I'm having the same bug, I searched the places it is SUPPOSED to be in all difficulties, and it is nowhere to be found!

Is this a bug, has anyone experienced this before? How to fix, does it fix if I play a second time?? Do I have to buy another copy of the game??

Bloody Konami... :x

Some people having the same trouble:

Edit: Sorry for the thread necromancy, I thought it would be rather proper to use an existing thread than create a new one.
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

I don't know if it's a guaranteed way to get it, but I found it by just picking up the items before even talking to the homeless man to get the quest.