Downpour-I'm Gonna Starve in This Cave, Aren't I? [SOLVED]

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Downpour-I'm Gonna Starve in This Cave, Aren't I? [SOLVED]

Post by Kenji »

Just like Injun Motherfuckin' Joe.

So, I'm in the cave, and I've completed the water puzzle that powers the other hydroelectric whatever, blocked the large wooden divider with the box, went back down the stairs, killed the submerged Screamer and got my first aid kit and bullets.

... and nothing. I got nothing. Still can't get through the gate that leads to the elevator. I have no leads, I've been stuck here for three days. Can anybody give me some leads?

Thanks.
Aerith Gainsborough

Re: Downpour - I'm Gonna Starve in This Goddamn Cave, Aren't

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^Make sure that when you do the water that it says the elevator is powered. That could be your problem. There's a panel that shows what is powered.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I had that same problem for a little while, too, Kenji! Did you get past it yet? If not, move the trough that's farthest to the right. It actually has three positions, not two, like I thought at first. It has an "off" position that it starts in (I think), and then you can move it to pour water on the wheel that powers the pumps to empty the cave (which you did), and you can also move it to power another wheel that will open the elevator gate for you! Look carefully at the diagram on the panel, which Aerith mentioned, for clarification on how to position that last trough.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Yup, I solved it. As it turns out, there was a third waterwheel I didn't account for, which powered the elevator. So, I had to move the rightmost trough further to the right.

Thanks for the help, y'all. :)
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

^I understood your mistake because that was the same thing that happened to me. It seemed like it took me somewhere near a couple hours to figure out.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

No problem, Kenji! I'm glad you got it figured out. I'm gonna lock this thread now since you've got it all squared away.

Edit: I unlocked this thread so that anyone else who needs help with this can post and all that jazz here.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.