SH2 Final Boss HM Help

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

SH2 Final Boss HM Help

Post by Fevered Dream »

So I'm playing in Hard Mode for the second time, and for some reason I'm having more trouble with Mary than I did the first time. I foolishly wasted all my rifle ammo on Eddie and Twin PH and all I have left is my shotgun and handgun, both of which have plenty of ammo, but I still have trouble killing her.

Anyway, I heard there's an alternate way of killing her without firing a single bullet and it would be great if someone could share this method with me because I'm not having much luck killing her otherwise and I can't for the life of me find out what this "alternate method" is.

Edit: Nevermind, I eventually found it out myself.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: SH2 Final Boss HM Help

Post by phantomess »

Now I'm curious. What is this alternate method?

And yeah, you should never waste your rifle ammo on that PH fight!
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Basically the alternate method is exactly like in the first game, where you don't shoot a single bullet at Mary and simply avoid her attacks as much as possible and eventually she falls on her own. I'm not sure if you have to unload all your ammo before fighting her like in SH 1, but I did it just in case. By the way, it took about five minutes or so before she fell on HM and I believe she falls quicker on the easier difficulties.

There's also a trick to this. If you stand behind the empty staircase at exactly the right spot, Mary will be incapable of hitting you and you can just stand there while she wastes her energy trying to stab you with her tentacle. It's clearly a glitch, but after trying to kill her numerous times, I could've cared less :P
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Psh, that's not fighting her! :P But thanks for sharing that. Interesting indeed.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Funny thing, I have a savefile in Hard Mode before Marya in my memory card and I couldn't beat her,,, I remembered that the trick of no bullets from SH1 also worked in SH2 so... I spent like 15 minutes wasted the tons of ammo I had collected... Anyway, the trick never worked and Marya killed me since I just had like 3 ampoules and 6 health drinks... I just don't know how the hell I killed her the first time; I barely survived the 2 pyramid heads...
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Both PH fight and the maria/mary boss are timed battles. I don't remeber exaly how long but I think its like 20-30 mins before the fights end without you having to fire a shot.
oO?