Downpour: Should I start again???

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

evolness
Just Passing Through

Downpour: Should I start again???

Post by evolness »

So I'm in the caves and after reading around I realised that I never bothered to find the key for the motels upstairs area, meaning I didn't explore that area and it seems I've missed a few things... so should I start again? I'm guessing it's not possible to go back.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Downpour: Should I start again???

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I'm really confused. You don't need a key in the caves at all. Where are you exactly in the caves, and I'll try to talk you through.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
evolness
Just Passing Through

Post by evolness »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:I'm really confused. You don't need a key in the caves at all. Where are you exactly in the caves, and I'll try to talk you through.
Hey, I meant that when I was first exploring the diner and motel at the beginning of the game I failed to search the upstairs area in the motel because it was locked
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
where there is apparently a gun
I assumed the area was inaccessible and I have now moved on from that area into the caves and I found out
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the key for upstairs is apparently in the kitchen and I missed the shocking discoveries regarding some guests in motel
I'm just wondering if I should restart the game to explore this area or if I can go on without needing to explore.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

You can go on without needing to explore. I actually don't remember this locked upstairs, unless I'm totally confused. Either way, the caverns need no keys. You get through it by doing puzzles and stuff.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
evolness
Just Passing Through

Post by evolness »

ahh okay, maybe I'll save it for my next playthrough
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

evolness wrote:So I'm in the caves and after reading around I realised that I never bothered to find the key for the motels upstairs area, meaning I didn't explore that area and it seems I've missed a few things... so should I start again? I'm guessing it's not possible to go back.
The key is for the upstairs part of the house/diner. It is on a coffe table with red roses near the basement entrace.
Upstairs is a safe puzzle that I think gives you a handgun... mabey i don't remeber what it gives you >.>
but no its not a sidequest and theres no acheivement/trophy for it
oO?
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Yeah, and don't worry about missing out on that gun because you'll come across more of them.