SH2 & SH3 Saves 2 or less help

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Mister_Creazil
Gravedigger

SH2 & SH3 Saves 2 or less help

Post by Mister_Creazil »

Where should I save first (and a second time if recommended) in both games for the achievement? What is easiest? I heard Lakeside Amusement Park in SH3 and I'm currently at Brookhaven Hospital in SH2 without saving.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: SH2 & SH3 Saves 2 or less help

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I suggest to do it right before the final boss in each game, and once before a part that could be potentially tricky. For SH3 I would suggest right before the Borley Haunted Mansion and the final boss. For SH2 I would suggest before the labyrinth chase (especially if you are playing on hard) and before the final boss.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

Well if its the HD collection good luck lol

My game kept freezing so I had to save all the time -.- I eventually got all the Achievements though.
Anyway...
SH2
Save once before The PH basement chase in the hospital. Then the second time can be before or after the eddie fight.
SH3
Save one should be Borley Haunted mansion entrace. The second (if needed) should be in alessas bedroom before the god fight.

EDIT: I based both of these as if you were going through on Hard mode.
oO?
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

When you're playing Silent Hill 2, you should save once before taking Maria into the hospital basement with Pyramid Head, and again either before or after the Eddie fight, depending how well you can avoid his damage. The boat scene requiring you to row across in less than 80 seconds is right after. If you're just going for the achievement, aim for the UFO or Dog ending.

When playing Silent 3 fully, you should save once before the part in the subway station where you have to jump on the tracks and then run back, and again before you enter the Borley Haunted Mansion. If you just want the achievement however, your second save should be before entering the alternate Hilltop Center, and you should aim for the Revenge ending (30 Heather/Sexy Beam kills before getting back to Harry's apartment).
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

When I did it I played until after beating Eddie and then saved because I wanted to go to bed. I only saved that one time, but I'd say near the end of the hospital is a good spot if you want to save earlier than that. And for the second save, before or after Eddie, like someone suggested. The Motel area is pretty short and easy so you probably won't die or anything.

I haven't gone through SH3 yet.