Downpour-Ladder Hooks/Fire pokers

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Downpour-Ladder Hooks/Fire pokers

Post by Lostkitsune »

Does anyone know the locations of all of the "ladder hook" weapons needed to bring down ladders on fire escapes?
I need some help because: (spoilers just in case)
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
The first one I found was by a lone Weeping Bat in an alleyway who pretty much instantly broke it, the second was in the park and I used it to go to the SH4 cameo room. Now I'm in another part of town and I need a hook to reach a side quest and I can't find one anywhere even in those previously listed locations. Is there a way to make them respawn? or perhaps the location of more?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Downpour-Ladder Hooks/Fire pokers

Post by The Adversary »

They're hard to come by, but I remember finding most of them near where I'd end up using it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

I played on easy combat, so maybe they're placed closer in that mode, but every time I needed one they were either by the ladder pretty much, or a couple of rooms away. I never had to really hunt for one.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

Thanks guys! I'm on easy as well by the way, but I still can't find them. I'm sure there has to be another one around!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I played on Normal. Limited availability, but still fairly close.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Very scarce, definitely. I had my share of problems finding them, myself. Sometimes they're near where you need to use them, especially if you need to pull down a ladder to progress in the storyline. However, if you are going to use one to reach...
"The Room"
, then you have to have one on hand and search for one. I never saw one remotely close to it.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:Very scarce, definitely. I had my share of problems finding them, myself. Sometimes they're near where you need to use them, especially if you need to pull down a ladder to progress in the storyline. However, if you are going to use one to reach...
"The Room"
, then you have to have one on hand and search for one. I never saw one remotely close to it.
I've already been to that area, believe me I know I had to do some searching to find one to get up there after my first one broke!
I just checked that the area I am trying to reach is
the Turn Back Time sidequest in Chastain Heights, I've checked around the ladder and in the previous area but nothing is coming up, I might be blind to it tho, I've walked RIGHT past a few items like the healing trinket when the rain is heavy
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

I remember searching a lot for one to use at that part, too. I ended up going up northwards to explore quite a bit (as far as I could go, to the docks and drawbridge). I did side quests along the way, and found one of those hooks at some point (can't remember where), and kept it and headed back to that spot with it. If you go exploring and check out everything thoroughly, you should find one- then you can head back down to that area to use that ladder and then go to St. Maria's (pretty close by to there) to progress with the story.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

phantomess wrote:I remember searching a lot for one to use at that part, too. I ended up going up northwards to explore quite a bit (as far as I could go, to the docks and drawbridge). I did side quests along the way, and found one of those hooks at some point (can't remember where), and kept it and headed back to that spot with it. If you go exploring and check out everything thoroughly, you should find one- then you can head back down to that area to use that ladder and then go to St. Maria's (pretty close by to there) to progress with the story.
Thanks a lot to you and everyone else who posted! I'll go explore toward the dock area and try to find one, and probably just use my rifle if anything gets in the way.
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

look at all those hookers :shock: ~

NOTE: I'm not going to put it in spoilers because i'm not giving away the plot, just the locaions of the hooks and ladders.

Heres my game notes on where I found them ( I think its all of them )
1. [Game progression] Lansdale ave. The house with the ? on the map. In the backyard is the (ladder) and also in the backyard is the (hook) next to a bench.
2. [Side area] (ladder) Lansdale ave. on the east side of the street south of the bank
(Hook) where Cook street and laymond avn. join. There is an alley to the west with a weeping bat. its leaning on some bars near the radio
3. [Side quest] (ladder) Behind the movie theater. go through the allyway after that its the building (south) right next to the movie theater.
(Hook) Right across the street (west of movie theater) leaning on the red garage
4. [Game progression] St. Maria's
(ladder) in the Theater room
(hook) North wall in the classroom leaning on a bookshelf (classroom is right by the theater)

Thats all I have written down.. I think thats all of them, but not 100% sure. There might have been more, but those are the only ones i wrote down.
oO?
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

Thank you so much! I found the one west of the theater right before I checked this post, but I'm saving your list for future runs! :D