Am I missing something?

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Manok
Just Passing Through

Am I missing something?

Post by Manok »

I'm currently going through the series for the first time in a few years, and am stuck on the final boss. I remember beating SH3 by using the no ammo thing, and have found that you can do it in SH1. So I figured I'd try it, but nothing happens when I do it. I used a new game file to start the game, and am unsure if I ever beat it on my PS3 before. I don't think so. I'm playing hard mode, barring the no ammo thing, I've got 21 hunting rifle shots, 15+ handgun shots, about 7 shotgun shells. Is this enough to defeat Samael/alessa? Is there something wrong with my game?
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Re: Am I missing something?

Post by phantomess »

I'm not sure what you're asking- you sounded like you were trying to beat it without using ammo... but since that didn't work, you want to know if the ammo you have is enough? Is that right? And you're talking about SH1, correct?

Firstly, if you want to "beat" the final boss without using ammo, I'm pretty sure you have to have no ammo in your inventory. Then the boss will perish after a little time, if I remember what I've read correctly. I never tried that, myself. I also don't normally play through on hard- I enjoy it much more on normal- but I know the ammo you listed would be plenty on normal mode. It doesn't take a lot of shots with the rifle; the main thing I ever had to worry about was dodging the attacks, but even that's pretty easy once you get the pattern down.

Most likely, you already sorted it out for yourself (I found this thread late), but I figured someone should offer you some response anyway.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Your ammo must be entirely depleted before entering the battle, and you must not possess the Hyperblaster.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

What Tom says: you have to empty all your ammo before entering the final battle room: http://silenthillheaven.com/main/sh1/sh1_bosses/
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.