SH2 10 star - Quick Questions

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Blasg
Just Passing Through

SH2 10 star - Quick Questions

Post by Blasg »

So,i'm trying to get 10 stars. (yupi)

Do i need the UFO ending? i read somewhere that you didn't need it.

How do i kill these little bugs??? they almost killed me last time

If you have a video showing how to do the boat it would be great.

Edit: Do respawns count as kills?

Thanks, many butterflys to you all
messagetyper
Just Passing Through

Re: SH2 10 star - Quick Questions

Post by messagetyper »

just press the button for opening doors and other stuff like that to kill the bugs

and what do you mean by boat?you mean how to get past the boat part?just head towards the light
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Blasg wrote:So,i'm trying to get 10 stars. (yupi)

I really don't think so, but I've never gotten 10 stars, so not positive on that.
How do i kill these little bugs??? they almost killed me last time
Shoot them! Using melee on them is a pain, but James is pretty good at shooting them.
If you have a video showing how to do the boat it would be great.
When you get into the boat, turn the boat around until you see a glowing light through the fog in the distance behind James. That's the hotel you need to head to- row straight towards it until you're there.
If you still need a video, go to youtube.com and type "Silent Hill 2 boat" for the search.

Do respawns count as kills?
Yep, pretty sure they do.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Yeah, I always had a headache when trying to kill those damn Creepers (the bugs). You even get hurt when you step on them. That's really something...

Most of the time I'd just ignore them but since getting 10 stars means that you must kill a lot of enemies then I suggest you use a firearm. Just like Phantomess said. Use the handgun, don't waste heavy ammo.

Also, I don't want to hi-jack your thread but since the Creeper subject came: I always found them by Woodside Apartments and that's it. Apart from the battery "puzzle" and Woodside where do they tend to spawn? Does any of you know?
Arudap
Just Passing Through

Post by Arudap »

Blasg wrote:So,i'm trying to get 10 stars. (yupi)

The ending you get is irrelevant, but most guides will say that UFO and Dog endings are better because they let you skip the final boss battle and a little part of the game, and time matters when trying to achieve 10 stars.
Mephisto wrote:Also, I don't want to hi-jack your thread but since the Creeper subject came: I always found them by Woodside Apartments and that's it. Apart from the battery "puzzle" and Woodside where do they tend to spawn? Does any of you know?
They are definitely around the city in Hard Mode; in fact one or more of them are right at the beginning when you pick the apartments key from the corpse in the alley. I'm not sure they show up anywhere around the city when it's dark though, can't remember right now. Probably not if I remember correctly.