Homecoming Walkthrough Question

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

emptimass
Subway Guard

Homecoming Walkthrough Question

Post by emptimass »

I am so freakin stuck.

After you obtain the ritual dagger I cannot figure out how to get back into the Shepherd house. There is barbed wire around the door and I know that I must ultimately end up in the basement.

Anybody get to mission 7 yet? If so please help square me away. I have never had to ask for help with any of the other games first time through so it is a little bit embarassing.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
Anuerysm
Just Passing Through

Post by Anuerysm »

I think I'm at the same spot. I just got the new knife, I go through the Judge's basement and wind up in the cemetary. I've been running around the town for the past 3 hours looking for some clue of how advance the plot. Getting to be very annoying.

EDIT: If you back track through the cemetary you'll end up in the back yard of your house.
emptimass
Subway Guard

Post by emptimass »

I cannot find an exit into the cemetary! Damn, this is very frustrating! I will figure it out before long.

Thanks for the hot tip.
"No more soul to sell, 31 years and on my way to Hell".
pyramid_head
Just Passing Through
Location: The grinding of metal, scratching the floor, walking towards you...but you don't know where...

Post by pyramid_head »

Does anyone know where you are supposed to go in the Hotel once you find the hole that leads up to the 4th floor? I know I am probably dumb for asking this...
Scott Collins
skydork
Just Passing Through

Post by skydork »

I forget the actual directions but I just finished that part earlier today. Just look for dressers to push out of the way of holes or and other little crevises to squeeze through. You won't be using almost any of the doors in the hotel. keep looking with patience I'm sure you'll figure it out.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Homecoming Walkthrough Question

Post by l33tspaniard »

emptimass wrote:I am so freakin stuck.

After you obtain the ritual dagger I cannot figure out how to get back into the Shepherd house. There is barbed wire around the door and I know that I must ultimately end up in the basement.

Anybody get to mission 7 yet? If so please help square me away. I have never had to ask for help with any of the other games first time through so it is a little bit embarassing.
You don't go back to the house, there's a spot for the knife/key thing to open a door between two of the bookstand things. It should lead to the founder's garden in the cemetary.
Suika Ibuki
Just Passing Through

Post by Suika Ibuki »

After the junkyard and meeting the smog for the first time.. Do I have to go back through the graveyard or go somewhere else?
[img]http://www.ms.pestermom.com/zomg/sig.jpg[/img]
Laser is not difficult.
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

Go to the Police department.

EDIT: Either that or you go back to where the Bartlett mausoleum is in the cemetary.
Last edited by l33tspaniard on 03 Oct 2008, edited 1 time in total.
skydork
Just Passing Through

Post by skydork »

Suika Ibuki wrote:After the junkyard and meeting the smog for the first time.. Do I have to go back through the graveyard or go somewhere else?
I don't know if you can do these events out of order or what but this is what I ended up doing. I left the junk yard with no idea what I was doing and went to the grave yard again. I realized there was a door circled on my map there, not sure if it was like that before I left the first time or if I had to go to the junk yard first, so I went to that and found a chamber where I did a puzzle and once that was done a scene was commenced and continued the story. Hope this helps you I tried not to spoil to much.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

skydork wrote:
Suika Ibuki wrote:After the junkyard and meeting the smog for the first time.. Do I have to go back through the graveyard or go somewhere else?
I don't know if you can do these events out of order or what but this is what I ended up doing. I left the junk yard with no idea what I was doing and went to the grave yard again. I realized there was a door circled on my map there, not sure if it was like that before I left the first time or if I had to go to the junk yard first, so I went to that and found a chamber where I did a puzzle and once that was done a scene was commenced and continued the story. Hope this helps you I tried not to spoil to much.
Hello, in case Suika is still looking for the answer, Skydork was right. I just came out from the junkyard and the cemetry is where you need to go next. There will be a little circle marked the location in the cemetry. A great surprise will wake for you after you finish a puzzle there. :D
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by henrytownshend21 »

Can somone help me with that puzzle in the attic? Its really hard I need help pm me or just tell me here tyvm
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

^the attic puzzle isn't too hard, it's mostly solved for you. If you can't solve it in a few moves, reload your last save. I got really frustrated there too, figured the game was telling me I should call it a night lol.
henrytownshend21
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by henrytownshend21 »

ur-vile wrote:^the attic puzzle isn't too hard, it's mostly solved for you. If you can't solve it in a few moves, reload your last save. I got really frustrated there too, figured the game was telling me I should call it a night lol.
Ok me and my sis made it bad lol
[img]http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc355/jewjew911/henrytownshend21-1-1.gif[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Homecoming Walkthrough Question

Post by leftshoe18 »

l33tspaniard wrote:
emptimass wrote:I am so freakin stuck.

You don't go back to the house, there's a spot for the knife/key thing to open a door between two of the bookstand things. It should lead to the founder's garden in the cemetary.
where are the bookstand things? in the town hall?

edit: nevermind. i found them.

edit: i need help with something:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
in the otherworld house, i need to get 3 medals. i found the heart and the star, where's the final medal?