Extra Content Yay/Nay/What?

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Re: Extra Content Yay/Nay/What?

Post by aj4x94 »

I could be wrong, but I heard that we might actually get some new monsters. I wouldn't mind seeing what Ito could cook up

Please correct me if this is wrong.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

I don't think anything of the nature has been confirmed. It's possible, though. I'm not expecting it myself but I'd be interested in seeing what Ito would add 20 years later.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I wouldn't know about new monsters, but my guess is that we'll be getting a new major boss fight with Pyramid Head somewhere during the middle of the game. In the original there's technically only two boss fights with him, since the chasing sequences don't really count. One possible location for this new major fight could be the rooftop of Brookhaven, which was a cutscene in the original but might be extended to an actual playable fight this time.

I also remember reading somewhere that Pyramid Head was originally supposed to be roaming the streets of Silent Hill, but it was cut from the final game. This might be changed for the remake.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

The Adversary wrote: 26 Oct 2022 If anything, I'd just like to see them arriving in town, not exploring it. Like, start Angela's scenario running out of her murder house, or Eddie hopping in his murder van and peeling out, and then ending, like Maria's scenario, when they arrive in Silent Hill.
Laura, too!
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
Droo

Post by Droo »

I wouldn't be surprised if they make PH a near constant Mr. X style threat in this one.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Laura, too!<
Laura rode with Eddie, so not sure how to run with that, unless it began with her leaving the orphanage. All speculation, regardless.

I just hope the double r.p.t. fight morphs into a Voltron-style combo to create one GIANT red pyramid thing.
Last edited by The Adversary on 27 Oct 2022, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

If Bloober'd just add a third, they could form a full-on pyramid of Red Pyramid Things.

On topic, for the things I value in games, probably the most meaningful addition to me would be the suggested idea of opening up additional locked doors. Let me sop up all the world-building detail I can, and the stakes are comfortably in the perimeter of the main story.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
tizerist
Just Passing Through

Post by tizerist »

> New darker music to replace the piano music
> Extra areas to explore
> A mist distance slider
> A camera change button
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Alternate scenarios would be the only acceptable extra content for me... I want to play with the dog!!
WhiteHarbor
Just Passing Through

Post by WhiteHarbor »

For me give me more stores or apartments or creepy rooms to explore. Something that won't touch the story but will give new things to see.
Formerly known as MrCaliche
Writer of Silent Hill: Memories of Age
Now publishing a horror serial per chapters named "White Harbor" inspired by Silent Hill, HP Lovecraft and Stephen King: https://www.patreon.com/WhiteHarbor
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Some new pointy melee weapons I guess...
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

I would not mind a true "Director's Cut" of sorts: things that the developers originally wanted in the game but could not due to time constraints or hardware limitations at the time.

With Ito known to be involved, I expect certain things to happen based on his previous tweets:

- Removal of Seal of Metatron from the hotel. Ito mentioned that having the seals there was a mistake.

- Replace the Abstract Daddy monsters from the hotel. The placement of the monsters in the original game was outside of his control, and Ito didn't seem too pleased with having them there. His explanation was that "because it's a game."

- If Ito is creating new monsters for the remake, he'll need to adjust the 9-square save point since he's alluded that the number of monsters (minus the Clipper) and the reason that there are nine squares are related. He could technically create variations of the same monster without needing to adjust the number of squares.

- Maybe a gruesome "death" for Pyramid Head. Every fan knows by now that Ito is not fond of other Silent Hill games using Pyramid Head. He has (half-)jokingly "threatened" to kill off Pyramid Head.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Well, PH does appear to die in the original when the two impale their chins on their spears.
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

They've confirmed new endings, so maybe Ito will get his chance.

A possibility is that a new ending may also open a door for a direct sequel to SH2, like 3 follows 1.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

A direct sequel to SH2 that I would like to see is grown-up Laura returning to Silent Hill to look for James and Maria/Mary, perhaps after she starts to have recurring nightmares about them. There could of course be other reasons for her returning to Silent Hill, but it would be interesting if Laura escaped Silent Hill after the events of SH2 and later questioned if her experience of being there was real or not. Perhaps as she grew older, she simply told herself that it was all just a "stupid dream" and none of it was real. Mary died in the hospital and she never met James, Eddie or anyone else at that time. Could make for some interesting storylines. After finding out that it was all real, Laura could be faced with survivor's guilt.

Because of the connections between SH2 and SH4, I could also imagine it as being a somewhat semi-sequel to The Room if Laura is confirmed to be living or having lived in Ashfield. Perhaps Frank Sunderland could be making a return.
Last edited by Jonipoon on 06 Nov 2022, edited 1 time in total.
Droo

Post by Droo »

In my mind the 21 Sacraments ending is canon. So Frank be dead.
Lives in the mirror"
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

None of the endings for SH4 have been confirmed as canon yet, so that's totally up to future developers in that case. I prefer the "Escape" ending the most but I think the most realistic and compelling one is "Mother", with the dark spirits of room 302 continuing to spread terror in South Ashfield Heights even after Walter's death. Unbeknownst to Eileen and Henry, of course, who would be moving back into hell (which in itself would be a great follow-up story).

But back to Laura, I think she's the logical choice of protagonist when it comes to a proper SH2 sequel. It's kind of tradition in the series to never have the same protagonist more than once, which leaves out James. Besides, I'd like to think that James' story is finished and there's nothing more to explore, it is even implied that he didn't learn a thing from his time in Silent Hill which will just be history repeating itself. Maybe some people want to play as Maria in a sequel, and that could be seen as a logical choice since she is a supernatural entity, and the only other direct sequel to a Silent Hill game which is SH3 also featured a protagonist that's somewhat "supernatural" (Heather). I just don't find Maria that compelling as a character, and since her story is so strongly tied to James I think it would just be history repeating itself.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I don't know if I'd like Laura as an MC. I prefer to keep some mysteries in place as to her life.

I think it would be better with some new character, like maybe a family member of Angela's or some investigator looking for Eddie, or even someone with some relation to Laura. Laura was an orphan, so it'd be an interesting if someone from the orphanage was looking for her or following-up on her disappearance.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I'm pretty sure people didn't like the idea of Heather being a grown-up Alessa either since that "killed" the mystery of SH1's ending.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I don't like the idea of direct sequels for any of the Silent Hill games but I've never been bothered by SH3. I think it's because SH3 already existed by the time I became a fan.