Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Sep 2017

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject: Downtime / Moving Server (Feb 2017)

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4169
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Hello, SHHFers,

As you may have noticed we've been experiencing significant downtime recently, with severe problems with the VPS SHHF is hosted on. Latest server host has been, ahem, challenging, so I'm moving (again).

Migration should happen sometimes over the next 12-48 hours. Soon as it's all done, I'll let you know, but be prepared for redirects/offline messages/broken links until all DNS has propagated and everything settles down.

The costs of running this place continue to increase (it's not the bandwidth so much anymore as much as it is the SPACE we need to hold almost 15 years of Silent Hill debate), and there are very, very few live cult members anymore. I know forums are a dying platform since the arrival of FB etc., but I'd hate to close this place down, so if you have some spare change kicking about, please please consider donating. Every little bit helps.

<3

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject: Re: Downtime / Moving Server (Feb 2017)

Migration is done. DNS may jump between the two servers until it's settled down, but everything should be okay after tomorrow.

If anyone's still receiving issues/errors from tomorrow, please let me know.

Thanks.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4642
Last seen at: Colorado
Thanks for the heads up, Vixx! Forum's working fine for me. We appreciate you keeping the place up and running all these years. <3
I could probably donate a little when I get paid later this week.
Your mention of the cult subscriptions reminds me: I'm pretty sure it's been more than a year since the last time I paid to renew, but I seem to still be an active cult member. Not sure what's up! But I would pay to renew again. Just give me a heads up if I'm due.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Nah, it's not active. All memberships have to be manually added/deleted, so it's just a matter of me finding the time to remove it. :P My bad, not yours.

Thanks for the kind words. <3

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Vixx wrote:
The costs of running this place continue to increase (it's not the bandwidth so much anymore as much as it is the SPACE we need to hold almost 15 years of Silent Hill debate), and there are very, very few live cult members anymore. I know forums are a dying platform since the arrival of FB etc., but I'd hate to close this place down, so if you have some spare change kicking about, please please consider donating. Every little bit helps.

<3

Hey Vixx, this link actually leads me to an error page, think this "UK" part of it isn't playing nice with my US account. I also can't seem to locate the post with the information I used the last time I donated. I don't post here nearly as much as I used to but I don't want to see this place go down and I'm willing to do my part to help so could you link me to the information again? Thanks!

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

NanayaShiki wrote:

Hey Vixx, this link actually leads me to an error page, think this "UK" part of it isn't playing nice with my US account. I also can't seem to locate the post with the information I used the last time I donated. I don't post here nearly as much as I used to but I don't want to see this place go down and I'm willing to do my part to help so could you link me to the information again? Thanks!

Thanks for this, NanayaShiki. <3

I don't think it works outside the UK anymore. :/ You can donate any amount right here - https://ko-fi.com/A636KJ5. It all goes to the same place! Huge, huge thanks.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Vixx wrote:
Thanks for this, NanayaShiki. <3

I don't think it works outside the UK anymore. :/ You can donate any amount right here - https://ko-fi.com/A636KJ5. It all goes to the same place! Huge, huge thanks.

No need to thank me. Like you said forums pretty much died out in favor of social media so the fact that you've been willing to keep this place going all this time is more than the majority of admins would have done. Anything I can do to help is my thanks to you. Plus it helps that I got my tax refund so this is the only time in the year I actually have some spare cash. :)

Let me know if anything goes wrong with it going through.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Thanks so much, Nana! <3