Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Oct 2018

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject: Suggestion : SHH Chat

Missing since: 27 Aug 2006
Notes left: 335
Last seen at: Jack's Inn
Eh , I didnt find a suggestion part to post this in (feel free to move it there) so Ill post it here.

Wouldnt it be nice with a IRC throught SHH which we could chat in when days are grey ^^ It could also work as a "help me" center for people who are stuck somewere.
Hmm , a spoilerfilter could be made to prevent people from spoiling parts , even tho I think nobody would do that ^^
The chat could be for us SHHrs , but we shouldnt only talk about Silent Hill there , but about everything =)

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2005
Notes left: 3898
I don't like the idea of having a chat box, but using it as a Q&A could save a lot of spaces because people wouldn't need to make a new thread every time they have a small question. Let's wait for our admin to reply.

Site Support
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Nov 2005
Notes left: 455
Last seen at: Norway
There is no filter on IRC. What you write is what everyone sees whether they want to or not. IRC-related traffic is also not permitted on this particularly server.

Chatbox was also previously voted down as I have never seen a chatbox that hasn't been spammed by either bots or trolls. Take your pick, really...

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
We've experimented with dedicated IRC channels and spam/shoutboxes before, and they never worked out. :(

Maybe if PHPBB3 enables us to have a shoutbox we can control better then maybe we can consider it again, but for now I think we need to pass. Sorry! Thanks for suggesting, though. :)

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.