Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Dec 2018

RESPECT
 Post subject: More intensive spoiler warnings

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
I'd like to suggest to the moderators that they be more critical of spoiler warnings in the Silent Hill 1, Silent Hill 3, and Silent Hill: Origins sections. With the release of SH: Origins, there will be carry-over discussions into the other sections with which it pertains to--directly and in- --and I'd like to ensure that the story of SH: Origins is not ruined inadvertently by members that don't have access to a PSP, seeing as it seems to be the least commonly owned system.

So, if everyone could just be wary of what they're posting--particularly in the other game sections when it involves SH: Origins--then nothing will be ruined for anyone.

Thanks.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
Have you come across any posts in the mean time? Thanks for the heads up. .. and making me slightly paranoid to stray anywhere but the Happy Burger section...

Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Jun 2007
Notes left: 2121
yes please. i ruined all the other games before playing them; i'd like to not do that for once, and it'll be so much easier if things are encased in spoiler tags.

i'm sure someone'll fuck it up though. :\

RESPECT
 Post subject:

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
I haven't come across anything yet, but it's still the first week of its release so something will probably inadvertently happen sooner than later. Hopefully nothing will, but I've already had Silent Hill 2 ruined and parts of Silent Hill 3 and Silent Hill: Origins. I also know I've accidentally spoiled some parts of previous games myself, which I'm trying to be more careful about.

What I'm thinking is that when a new thread is made in the other--non SH: Origins--sections there be the typical "spoilers" warning in the title, but also a note designating what games it pertains to, particularly if SH: Origins is involved. There's been many times when, say, I'll be in the SH2 section and find a spoiler from Silent Hill 3 or 4. People may have played and beaten SH2 and looked at the tag without thinking it could be from another game they haven't played. Same goes with SH: Origins now.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Aug 2003
Notes left: 12943
Last seen at: The Wand'ring Wood
The cross-folder spoilers have always been pretty muddled and messy here, I've noticed--and I'm guilty of it myself. I'm not sure what else can be done to enforce it besides putting up Stickies indicating the spoiler policy, and have them floated in each folder.

... I'll probably end up doing just that.

In any case, I'd like to make it known here to all who read this: if you SEE SH0 spoilers and a mod isn't readily available, please use the report function so we can get to it right away. Thank you.