Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 24 Jul 2014

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Board Warning Questions

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
I searched the post office and used the regular 'search' and didn't find this anywhere. I am sure I just overlooked it, so please forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere.

I got my first board warning today about posting off topic in Happy Burger (my bad, I really just misunderstood the central focus of the thread.) But it said in the description for the warning that it was 'yet another' violation. I need to know the specifics of how this system works.

Is there any sort of probationary period for somebody who has just a few of these? Or do you just mess up so many times that you get banned like Cheryl? did? The forum guidelines weren't specific as to number of times, degree of violation, etc. except for the race/religion/gender/what not resulting in an immediate ban.

I read everything very carefully after my first violation was corrected for me in a topic reply, but I was still curious as to some of the specifics of this. I am aware that I haven't been here that long, and it takes a while to earn trust, but I really didn't notice myself doing anything that some of the more prominent members don't also do. I can only try to be more careful in the future. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with past questions, and thank you in advance for whoever helps me with this one.

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128

Post subject: Re: Board Warning Questions

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7442
Last seen at: Kentucky
If someone posts the kind of trash that Cheryl? posted then that is an automatic ban.

Moderators can decide to warn members on their own accord but most of the time we talk as a team. The fact is we have noticed you spamming since you arrived. We have let it go a few times because you are newer. One of the moderators decided to officially warn you last night. We do not have a set amount of warnings we give before removal. It basically depends on if the member corrects what they have done wrong.

I'd like to ask that you not edit your posts just to apologize and add nothing to the conversation. If you have a post that needs to be completely deleted let a moderator know.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
If any of the mods need to delete a post of mine that is off topic, or is only a one-two line sentence apology, they are more than welcome to. I'm very sorry about all this. I wish this forum had a feature where you could just completely erase a post if nobody has responded to it yet.

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11825
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
The purpose of a Warning is just what the name implies: it warns the user about conduct so that they may take the initiative to change. It gives them a fair shot to adapt the problematic behaviour.

A user can receive more than one Warning, about more than one problem or the same problem if they fail to take heed of the first warning. There is no real set number of warnings a user can receive before they're banned. Indeed, sometimes they can be automatically banned like Cheryl? was, due to the nature of that person's spam.

However, barring that, a user can be banned permanently or temporarily on majority consensus on the part of the moderators, regardless of number of warnings.

By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."