Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 18 Nov 2017

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: Board Theme No Longer An Option

Missing since: 20 Jun 2010
Notes left: 1626
I'm using FireFox on Windows 7, but the forum loads to the side then centres, just like others have mentioned. I also have the same problems as Kenji when it comes to spoiler tags and polls results.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4170
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Ratiocinator wrote:
The Adversary wrote:
I use Chrome almost exclusively
Now that's strange. I pretty much use Chrome and nothing else yet never had this problem.

For now, I'm sorry to say I'm not sure how to resolve that issue.

Vixx, give me a fair amount of time and I'll fix the poll/voting issue. I believe IE users also said certain tables/sections of the theme appeared a dark grey? If so, I'll try and fix that, also. Just please be patient with me until I can dedicate enough uninterrupted time for it.

<3 you. :)

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 08 Feb 2004
Notes left: 1752
Ratiocinator wrote:
I helped with putting the theme up. Can you please explain how it runs terribly? If I can get enough details, I may be able to fix some things. If it's just slow loading times, that may be the large graphics that make up the theme taking a while to load on older computers/slower connections. Thanks

Sorry it took so long to get back to you! I hadn't checked this topic for a while. I usually chalk the issues at work up to us being on P4s with 1gb of RAM (XP SP 3). Anything flash or image heavy runs terribly. It mainly locks the computer for perhaps 20 seconds or so while everything loads. I also do get the shifting that others have brought up. We all use IE8 on our computers (we're unfortunately all on limited accounts since the company obviously doesn't want us downloading stupid things. In saying that though, I can't download Firefox which is my normal choice browser).

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7970
Last seen at: Nowhere
What the Hell? The SHH theme is now white. . . It's Ratiocinator that changed it because of some problems?

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 09 Feb 2004
Notes left: 757
The tables not being white was the problem for IE users. Relax. That's the way it's supposed to be. I changed it because I was asked to and wanted to help a friend. I didn't hold a gun to anyone's head.

Nobody's nervous. I'm not.

I was just surprised because this theme was black and all of sudden it went white, then I saw this thread and decided to post. Thought it was a bug of some sorts and figured you was working on it.

But yeah, thanks for the answer. I guess.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Oh wow, I thought you meant the bug in how the tables viewed in IE went from a dark gray to white. You meant the overall theme. I'm surprised as this theme has been active for quite some time now with the other theme long-gone.

To catch you up-to-speed:
This place upgraded to phpBB3. As a result, the old theme (created around phpBB2) couldn't work. I was asked to make a new theme based on SHH. It was tested, then went live, and a few bugs were found. Some bugs have been fixed. Some are still being worked on.

Are we speaking the same language? I know everything about the upgrade, I'm talking about what happened to that (not so) new SHH theme that you made, John. :P

The one that haves the "Notes Left" and "Missing Since" instead of "posts" and "joining date". It was black way before and now it's white. Maybe this line of yours will sum everything:

Quote:
I thought you meant the bug in how the tables viewed in IE went from a dark gray to white.

That's the one. So the theme that you made, with the banner at the top and everything was suposed to be white all along?

Brookhaven Receptionist

Yep. I won't lie: I did not spend days/weeks on this theme. I took an existing theme and overhauled the hell outta it within a few hours hence the bugs.

The IE tables were a result of something completely retarded: The theme had a seperate, "IE.css" file that altered shit. All it did was alter the color of the tables and the style of the dropdown list/radio buttons. Why it was there to alter table colors I'll never know.

The poll issue will be fixed shortly as soon as Vixx updates the files.

Okay, no worries. I was just curious, thanks.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4170
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Poll fixed, thanks to awesome John's awesome help. Did I mention that he was awesome? :)

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
YAY! What would we do w/o you Ratiocinator?!

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!