Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 19 Sep 2018

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Section for Revelation?

Missing since: 23 Dec 2006
Notes left: 821
Last seen at: Blackpool UK
Will we be having a seperate section for Silent Hill Revelation?

Post subject: Re: Section for Revelation?

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7464
Last seen at: Kentucky
More than likely. This is the first time it has been brought up though. We usually bring on new sections when a good amount of information is available.

Brookhaven Receptionist

Missing since: 23 Dec 2006
Notes left: 821
Last seen at: Blackpool UK
Ah fair enough, like when they start releasing press info ect?

Pretty much when there are enough topics to warrant it's own section. It's up to Vixx as to when.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I wasn't planning to as I thought one forum was sufficient for two films. However, I'm happy to bend to the consensus. If more members could post here and give their thoughts and reasons either way, I'll come back to it and then go with the majority. :)

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

SHH Staff Writer

Missing since: 15 Jul 2003
Notes left: 792
Each game has a separate forum, so it follows that each film should probably have one too (especially if people are aiming to avoid spoilers).

Spoilers is an excellent example as to why I think we should have a separate folder. Some may want to still discuss the first movie and have something about the new movie spoiled in the process of looking in the folder. Or another thought.. with so many threads in store for that section older threads for the first movie will be buried. For organization sake I am behind having a dedicated section for the new movie.

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
My opinion doesn't count for much :P, but I think it would be better to have two different forums for the sake of simplicity and spoiler potential, too.

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3228
I don't really see the point in having a separate section for every movie. We have a section for each main game because that's what this forum is about. But we don't have sections for each individual comic book or each individual cell phone game. It'd be silly to make a new section for each individual thing that gets released under the Silent Hill name. I think just having a section for the movie "series" is more than enough. At least it's separate from the base "media" section.

To elaborate on that, having specific sections for where to talk about things is good, but if you have too many than it looks bad and too spread out. Furthermore, I don't think the Movie section gets nearly enough traffic to actually warrant a second movie section. I wouldn't want a section for the Arcade game or the Paint it Black comic, and I don't think each individual movie should get one either. Not that it would actually bother me too much if it did. I just think it'd be serious overkill.

I don't think spoilers is much of a problem, either. If you make the title of your thread specific and not ambiguous, then people should know which of the two movies it is about. We didn't have a problem talking about the Past Life comic in the Downpour section because the threads were clearly marked. If you want to talk about something about the second movie in a topic originally about the first movie, just use a spoiler tag, as you would do that anyway. I think the users here are generally smart enough to know how to avoid spoilers or posting spoilers.

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
^For the sake of fairness, the movies each have at least a few hours worth of discussion potential.
The arcade game and the individual comics...eh...not really so much. With the exception of maybe the Past Lifes.

There's a couple of things that'll span both movies. What if someone's seen the first movie and not the second, and gets spoilered because someone starts a thread about Rose's cameo or the like. Even if it says SPOILERS! in the title, the thread's title might not be worded specifically enough to indicate which of the two movies it's spoilering. It seems like there's a lot of potential for confusion to me, but I guess we don't have enough info about the second movie to really make that call yet.

Spoilered and spoilering are totally words, right? :D

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

SilentWren wrote:
^For the sake of fairness, the movies each have at least a few hours worth of discussion potential.
The arcade game and the individual comics...eh...not really so much. With the exception of maybe the Past Lifes.

The comics and Arcade game are just as legitimate as the movie with enough to talk about. And that's not a compliment, no. But if you are going to (logically, I'd say) not make a section for them then I don't see why the movies should be an exception. It's all supplementary material not relevant to the main series, so I don't think every single thing needs it's own section.

Quote:
There's a couple of things that'll span both movies. What if someone's seen the first movie and not the second, and gets spoilered because someone starts a thread about Rose's cameo or the like. Even if it says SPOILERS! in the title, the thread's title might not be worded specifically enough to indicate which of the two movies it's spoilering. It seems like there's a lot of potential for confusion to me, but I guess we don't have enough info about the second movie to really make that call yet.

I'd say that is the fault of the person who didn't label their thread properly, and not reason alone to make a totally new section.

Maybe, though, they can do what they did for Shattered Memories (and possibly other games that I was not a member of when they came out). Make a new section for the first few months of release to avoid spoilers and then condense them into one section. Because really, when you get down it, if you are going to a forum to discuss a series you should at least have seen the series. By the time the second movie has come out, I seriously doubt we are going to have tons of people flocking to the movie section to discuss the first movie and trying to avoid spoilers for the second. We barely get anyone talking about the first movie in there now.

If we have two separate threads for the separate movies then in a year's time we will just have two mostly dead sections. If you condense them into one then at least there will be more activity in the one section. And what happens when a hypothetical third movie comes out? Having three sections for the movies would be seriously beyond overkill.

RESPECT

Missing since: 19 Jul 2003
Notes left: 19401
Last seen at: #lfk
>We barely get anyone talking about the first movie in there now.<
That's now, some five years later. When the film was released theatrically, probably 50 topics were created opening night, each one with dozens of comments from dozens of people. I was a moderator at the time. It was hell.

Considering Silent Hill: Revelation ties in with the first film, people will undoubtedly begin posting in the first movie's section again because it will ultimately relate to the second film as well.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

The Adversary wrote:
>We barely get anyone talking about the first movie in there now.<
That's now, some five years later. When the film was released theatrically, probably 50 topics were created opening night, each one with dozens of comments from dozens of people. I was a moderator at the time. It was hell.

Yeah, I know. I'm not saying the movie NEVER EVER got traffic. I'm saying that if you make the two movies unique sections then the first one is going to remain dead and the second will also eventually become dead, so it'd make more sense to keep them as one. Just my thoughts on the matter, of course.

Quote:
Considering Silent Hill: Revelation ties in with the first film, people will undoubtedly begin posting in the first movie's section again because it will ultimately relate to the second film as well.

Yeah, but they'd likely just be doing it in the Revelation section anyway if there were one. It sounds like all the more reason to keep the movies in one sections so you don't have a bunch of threads that have to constantly be moved between them.

Just Passing Through

Missing since: 15 Apr 2011
Notes left: 10
Hey all;)

what do you think about subforums?
Maybe it's possible to create subforums in the SH: Movie section, to separate spoiling or specific topics in the right forum and a section beneath to discuss stuff concerning both films.
just an idea;)

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
We pretty much have to have a separate section for the second movie, and probably a third for spoiler-free discussion, after it comes out.

It's different from the more obscure works such as the arcade game and the comics, which are, yunno, obscure. The movie will generate a great deal of discussion for a long time.

Exactly. There isn't much discussion at all about the comics or the arcade game. The movie will turn into a massive discussion as more time goes by. So comparing them is not relevant really. There will be tons of new members and more than likely a bunch of unmarked spoilers.

Missing since: 29 Oct 2006
Notes left: 1910
Last seen at: Danvers Asylum
What's this I just put in the ballet box? It appears to be a vote for a seperate section for each movie.
Ayoooo!

ImageImageImage Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF]

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
I definitely think it should be another whole section that breaks down into spoiler and spoiler-free subsections like we do for each new game that comes out. After 6months or whatever, they could be merged and it be awesome and schtuffs. I really don't want it in the same section as the first movie, not even just for the impending influx of new posts, but new threads. All the first movie threads will be drowned out by the SHR threads unless stickied and that would be overall more hassle than it would be worth.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
NanayaShiki wrote:
I don't really see the point in having a separate section for every movie. We have a section for each main game because that's what this forum is about.

No, this forum is about Silent Hill in general, not just the games. Silent Hill Heaven: The Ultimate Silent Hill Fan Site.

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4179
Last seen at: Your Special Place
Votes are in - preference was for a new forum, so that's what I've done. Go nuts.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2018 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.