Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 22 Oct 2017

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: Complaint regarding the Moderation Team

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7462
Last seen at: Kentucky
That's how we do things in general. We have a section where we post matters and then depending on what the problem is we take a vote on it. We have better things to do than sit around and plot against some random Joe. None of the moderators have ever said that they are not available to PM. If something gets locked...contact the mod that locked it. If something is missing contact any mod in general. There's no need to act like there is some great scheme going on. After 6 years as a moderator here I do not have the energy to plot against people. :)

Cafe5to2 Waitress

Missing since: 28 Jan 2007
Notes left: 174
I have absolutly no problem with the way things are run here. i have had a few posts locked, and after they were i looked back on them and said,"wow i cant believe i did that" they do a good job of keeping the bs pointless posts down, but they still let us have fun in our posts. perfect example, look at alone in the town's posts earlier in this topic lol. they let us have plenty of fun, and i wouldnt have it any other way.

Woodside Apartments Janitor

Missing since: 16 Oct 2010
Notes left: 1129
Compared to most other forums I've read, the moderators here have always been quite fair and reasonable. I've always been glad to know they actually care to remove posts and manage spam and such, rather than just letting the site start seeping at the seams with the junk. A unique and responsible team we've got here, people! An authoritative team. Let's not take them for granted.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 16 Sep 2006
Notes left: 629
Last seen at: Seattle, WA
The forum was a little jarring at first, especially after spending so much time on usenet and less regulated forums like theshizz. But the mod team has always been very respectful in my interactions with them, even the couple times I was warned or whatever.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 06 Nov 2010
Notes left: 657
Didn't want to waste a new thread, but I know there are a few new mods, and I know they're new and still trying to figure out what to do, but is there anyway they could be assigned to like, certain parts of the forum, (Like one to, SH4, SHH, another to SH:O, ect) or something, because I've seen a lot of threads closed only to be opened again by Vixx or another older mod, and it's getting kinda annoying. .-. I understand theyr'e new and other than that they've done a good job so far, :) I don't wanna annoy anyone... Sorry if I'm stepping out out of line or something, just felt like this is something that needed to be said, feel free to ignore me, I'm sure the new mods'll get the hang of it soon enough, :)
EDIT: Reason I said that was cuz generally the SH:O, SH:H, and SH4 boards tend to not be used as much as other boards like General Discussion, Downpour, SH2, ect. imo. Seems like a good place to start, once again, just ignore me if I'm stepping out of place, I appolagize.

I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
There's always a few days of burps when new mods are made. It never lasts more than a few days, and the others are around to fix errors. Even the ones that have been made with our group of noobs have been rectified within a few hours.

Patience, dawg. It won't take long for us to become expert evil overlord oppressors!

Historical Society Historian

Missing since: 05 Jul 2010
Notes left: 3339
Yeah, I know that was directed at me, so I'd like to apologize. I really don't close them for no reason, though I'm still figuring out exactly the best way to handle it. I really am sorry for any inconvenience, Venus.

Hope House Careworker

Missing since: 06 Nov 2010
Notes left: 657
It's all good, ^-^ Don't take it personally Aerith, the way I see it's like starting a new job, personally, I'd give em the easy stuff first and let em work their way up to the harder stuff, but I work at McDonalds and after 30 minutes of shit training that's too much to take in at once they throw you into the lunch rush and your'e like, WTF DO I DO WHY U MAD WHAT I DO WRONG I DO WHAT YOU SAY FFFFFFFUUUUU-
x33333 Anyway, it's all good, I know yall had good reason to close and open the threads, just saying take a chill pill. ^o^ Do what I do at work, act like your'e going to go get something from the back and then let everyone else deal witht he lunch rush! x3333 anyway, don't worry bout it Aer, s'all good. And AiTT, I know I know, I'ma be more patient, just thought this was an issue which may need to be addressed and I thought this the appropriate thread to do it in, sorry if I offended or hurt anyone or acted out of line, ;P

I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.

Missing since: 26 Mar 2010
Notes left: 1875
Last seen at: Los Angeles
I've got a real problem with the new mods, particularly Aerith and AITT.

They're everywhere! Used to be that mods only showed up in select threads or when something was afoot. Now I'm seeing green names all over the place, and it's like christmas came early. Seriously, you guys need to cut it out.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Actually, you've all been doing a great job thus far, as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for making it such an unnoticeable transition. I mean that in the best way possible.

Rosewater Park Attendant

Missing since: 06 May 2006
Notes left: 1351
Last seen at: a sanctuary for ...no wait - fuck off I have enough friends
B5160-R wrote:
^ Well said.

Also this is a forum which purpose is "solely" for discussion of Silent Hill. Of course we have sections like Happy Burger and Lakeside for non-SH topics, but those should be viewed as a minor part of the forum really. There's plenty of places on the web for socializing, blogging and so on. I'm not saying you shouldn't post in those sections, just that they shouldn't be the reason why you sign up as member here.

I've read this thread before and was familiar with some of what was already said. Not reading every single item that 'Magnolia' has ever posted, I must admit (the way I feel pretty much most of the time these days) - the only thing that really bothers me about the post regarding what I presume he'd like to enact upon child-molester/murderers by way of punishment (..is that what it was about?!) --was the conditions for the dogs. Maybe that makes me a bad person, I don't know...I've lost a lot of faith in people over the last few years. A lot. Maybe it should concern me that my only real concern in that post would be the conditions for the dogs - as far-fetched as it goes -- but it isn't. Does that make me a monster? I don't know. I'm being honest. But yes, the post makes one very uncomfortable reading it and without a doubt is highly disturbing, which, according to the rules of this forum (and decency itself) warrants its removal.

Mods are not gods - they are just people like you and I. Up until now, with the case of a very few exceptions in the past that I know about, I can say that the moderating team on this site have always acted fairly, not over-zealously and with common-sense. There's no need to hash it up with fancy terms. They've done a good job. The advent of this potentially changing is what has prompted me to make a recent decision, one of which unfortunately includes not visiting or posting on the forum as much. See Mike - unlike the vast majority, I really don't visit/post/blog anywhere else. I've been stupidly, that loyal and yes it would appear it's time to move on. I still have no real intention of joining social network sites or of participating with the entire world. I don't have to. My little isolated internet world has been spoilt well and truly recently and thus has prompted me to grow up and get a life away from this particular aspect of the pc.

Certain people will still know where to find me. I guess all good things must come to an end.

My congrats go to the new mods.

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3205
Last seen at: United States, Texas
With all the usual suspects gone, I'm also surprised when all the cool people's names turned green. Still, it's good to see that the forum will be in good hands.

The only two original mods that I see on here anymore are Droo, B5160-R, and Amy.

Until you are near

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
That's three. ;)

I'll admit to not having been as active here in recent months as I should have been. New job and all. I've tried to make a comeback, though!

By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5077
"All?"

You tryinna start somethin', punk? :P

Missing since: 26 Sep 2008
Notes left: 3205
Last seen at: United States, Texas
Ah Kenji, I've got nothing against you, man. You actually provide some of the more though-provoking posts on this forum. In fact, most of the people on this forum are quite likable with a few exceptions.

Still don't get why someone would complain about the mods though. They do their job quite well.

Until you are near

Hahaha, I was just playin'. :P

But, really, you're right. This is a good environment in the lawless ocean of the Internets.

Actually, it was a lawless hellhole of fire and anarchy until last week. Then I became moderator.

You're welcome.

For some reason, I suddenly remember it being like this, too.

Why am I fading, Doc?

I love you guys, but let's not post anymore unless you're leaving any feedback. ;)

I think we can banter a little bit and the world will not end. It is banter which is nominally relevant to the discussion, after all.

^True, I was just abiding to the rules of our forum. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next