All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 30 Mar 2017

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Thank You

Missing since: 23 Nov 2008
Notes left: 57
Last seen at: Oklahoma
I am a long time lurker and very rarely post, but I feel as though I should give a big thanks to Vixx, the moderators, and all the Silent Hill Theorists. What I love about this forum is that there are so many people involved that give their time and cognitive abilities to games that really do make you have to use that space between your ears. I also like that every idea or thought that is submitted is subject to the Socratic method of finding the truth, and it is done with civility. There are members who have proposed ideas that I may disagree with, but I still respect them. What even makes it more spectacular that it is all done in the name of pure knowledge...nobody gets paid to research and post, it's all done for the passion and love of the games. Thank you guys so much! :D

-Bertrand Russell

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Thank You

Missing since: 13 Aug 2006
Notes left: 588
Last seen at: I can't remember.
Without all the theories and observations that have been brought forth on this website, my understanding and appreciation of the series would not be nearly as deep as it is now. I've been involved on this site since way back in 2004 (though I didn't actively start posting until a few years later) and its one of the very few fan communities I've stuck with for such a long time. I'm glad to have been a part and I share your sentiments :)

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4633
Last seen at: Colorado
D'aww, nice thread!

Fevered Dream wrote:
Without all the theories and observations that have been brought forth on this website, my understanding and appreciation of the series would not be nearly as deep as it is now.
Same here! I'm really thankful for SHHF. It taught me quite a bit about the series AND other off-topic things. It's been quite a part of my life, now that I think about it. :P

I'm thankful for this place feeding my SH fandom and for the people I've met through it. Big thanks to Vixx and the other staff for keeping the place up & running, and to everyone else who's participated in their own ways. :)

Gravedigger

Missing since: 13 Aug 2006
Notes left: 588
Last seen at: I can't remember.
Quote:
It's been quite a part of my life, now that I think about it

Hehe, same here. Not just the community but the series as a whole. I don't really have as deep an interest with most things as I do the SH games. Even when the series and this forum ends I will look back fondly.