Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 21 Nov 2017

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: uploading/providing files and documents

Missing since: 08 Feb 2016
Notes left: 11
Last seen at: Hesse, Germany
I haven't found anything about that in the forum rules or help sections, nor have I found examples from other members...

I've created some SH0-related pdf files I want to share with the community. Is it possible to directly upload these files (each smaller than 1,5 MB) in my posts? Or do I have to upload them to a file-sharing hoster and provide the appropriate link in my posts?
Is it allowed at all? And if so, what would be the easiest way to do that?

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator
 Post subject: Re: uploading/providing files and documents

Missing since: 06 Jul 2003
Notes left: 4170
Last seen at: Your Special Place
I'm afraid only images can be uploaded - sorry! Just the way the way the forum software works, I think.

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4656
Last seen at: Colorado
Wait, images can be uploaded? Since when? I always thought we had to upload them elsewhere and link! (Or display by putting the link in image tags.)

Just Passing Through

Too bad. :(

Would it then be allowed / not against the forum rules to post a link to a site, from where members can download it? (I'd zip/7-zip them into one file, about 10 MB in size)
And if yes, which site should/may I choose? (It should be a source where I won't have much uploading trouble like long registering procedures and so on)

EDIT: Btw, it's a complete item guide, consisting of high quality scans of every map with relatively accurate signed-in coloured dots for the items (as source material I've taken the map images from our SHH main site; the places that don't have a map I've drawn by myself), as well as of a self-written accompanying item chart including statistics. :D
That said, it took a lot of work and it would be a real pity, if I couldn't publish it here.
Indeed, at the beginning I made it primarily for myself, but then I thought that it may also be helpful for other SH0 fans, so I changed the maps and charts in that way. :wink:

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

@phantomness - you may be right, actually. It takes up LOADS of DB space (particularly those days when the forum was kickin') so it may have been removed!

@caliban - depending upon what they are, I could put them on the main site (credited to you, of course). Then you know they're in the right place to be found by other fans!

The Faithful | The Seductress | The Alchemist | The Cult | SHHF FAQs | Fanlisting | Contact | Love to game?

© 2003-2016 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of http://www.silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.

Just Passing Through

Quote:
@caliban - depending upon what they are, I could put them on the main site (credited to you, of course). Then you know they're in the right place to be found by other fans!

They are eleven pdf files, plus a txt file (a manual on how to use my guide). I've zipped them all to a 11.5 MB file, ready to be sent! :D
How do I send it to you, since I can't attach anything to a PM either? (The same question counts for a note transcription based on an "error report", which I made yesterday - I've accidentially deleted your e-mail answer to that. :? )

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Email is silenthillheaven@gmail.com :)

If files are too big, send them to me via WeTransfer.com. :)

Just Passing Through

I've sent both to you some days ago (the memo file directly and the guide files via wetransfer.com). I hope you received them meanwhile.

And thx a lot for that website-recommendation! :wink: I didn't know that such a great way to send bigger data even exists. :D Pretty useful, not only for hobbying purposes...

Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Received! Sorry for the delay in coming back to you. <3