Stupidest creatures ever?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

SymboliC
Just Passing Through

Post by SymboliC »

I think the burps symbolizes that they just got a stomach full of flesh..or just a sign for a player to ask, "What in the hell did they just eat?" :lol:
[url=http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-3qe5-49-en-15-silent+hill-84-p.html]Silent Hill games/video/OST/stuff? Look no further.[/url]
Arthemesic
Historical Society Historian

Post by Arthemesic »

SymboliC wrote:or just a sign for a player to ask, "What in the hell did they just eat?" :lol:
Or "What the hell was Yamaoka on? High?"
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

the monsters in SH4 were just boring. they were all easily-defeated or evadable, and none had very interesting designs.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
themudgopher
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by themudgopher »

yeah, everything except for the ghosts was lame. the ghosts scared the shit out of me until i finally got used to them on the last few levels. well, the wall demons were mildly badass.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/themudgopher/sig.jpg[/img]
Rhenislauss
Just Passing Through

Post by Rhenislauss »

to be honest the lamest enemies were the dogs and gum heads.

I was like..." oh hey dogs that drain fluid..okay..not really creepy but threatening."

then step...that damn cougar killing sound effect....
I was like.." god that is so...unoriginal...and annoying..."

and gum heads..
"Oh...outta nowhere really..damn...what?...monkey noises?....lame"

even though the patients falling down the stairs continuously belching was funny. I found that monster the most frightening of them all.
think about it, they are called patients...and they belch..they're sick...
Not to mention they look absolutely frikkin horrible...
Hugs have no affect on me...do your worst.
Maverick
Just Passing Through

Post by Maverick »

I think the Ghosts were the most terrifying just because you can't kill them. You beat them up and run away, but then you still have that thought in the back of your mind that it's coming to get you no matter how far you run @____@.

Gumheads were umm.......strange not really horrible, but I remember watching the Silent Hill 4 trailer and they looked a lot creepier T____T.
Shoot The Sky
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Shoot The Sky »

Twinfuckers.... HAHAHA LOVE IT! :lol:

As for the monkeys, I thought they were fun. Id be like "ooh I hope theirs monkeys around the corner" just because god damn, theres nothing in silent hill funner than electrocuting the freaks :twisted:
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

i thought the twinheads were creepy. the patients were just funny as hell. the belches were disgusting and they were really uncreepy!
Life changes daily so go with it!
Lelouch-Lover
Just Passing Through

Post by Lelouch-Lover »

Well, they may be the stupidest cuz they don't do much in the game, but I LOVED the slugs. I would walk around every corner of every possible place just to find them and squash them with glee! I loved the sound they were making and the splotch they left! :D
ForteChef
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ForteChef »

Those damn monkeys are what make me mad. The noises they make is so annoying
4 pointing baby monsters, 3 numb bodies, 2 pyramid heads and a split worm? Where's my trusty blade? This one's going to be easy.
z0mboid
Just Passing Through

Post by z0mboid »

The monkeys. Goddamn monkeys. :< I loved pretty much all the other creatures, especially the snifferdogs. <333
[center][img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/rave_me/banner2.jpg[/img][/center]
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

Post by The Procrastinator »

The Gumheads had potential. So did the Patients. If only the noises they made were different. Also, the Patients had such a terrible attack "method". That swinging pipe looks so ridiculous.
And the Sniffers ... oh, boy. One of the worst creature designs in the SH series; the zombie dog is such a cliche (think somebody mentioned this), and the mountain lion-like roars didn't help either.
Victim 7/8 was way too huge to be frightening. It would be cool if they slithered along the ground in agony, and squealed, like in the trailer. Or something.
Man. Do I ramble. :?
We entered Winter once again
Naked, freezing from my breath
Neath the lid all limbs tucked away
This coffin is your abode from now
and onwards
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Victim 7 and 8 should be a boss... The dogs always kick my ass in the Forest 2nd time, maybe cause I'm trying to escape from Walter... The toadstools and hummers are really stupid and anything is so funny like see Eyleen smashing a patient with her bag whilt it burps... Priceless!!
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

I wish they had worked more on the monster designs.
I think they had some very good ideas, but (perhaps due to time constraints?) failed to realize their potential.
The noises the creatures made were stupid.

The Sniffers' mountain lion growl; The Patients' "burping"
(I don't care if they're disemboweled -- it's still silly); the 7/8's deep, fatigued moan.
The Gumhead takes the cake -- it produced monkey sounds while happily hopping around Henry, and Bear-like roars when attacking him.

It also would've been better had they worked more on the monsters' movement and behaviour, attacking.
and onwards
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

Yeah, the gum heads are the worst. The patients actually would be the scariest monsters in the game, had it not been for the noise they make when hit. The Procrastinator: I find the size of victim 7/8 to be its most menacing aspect, along with its habit of standing still in the distance, staring and pointing at Henry, then attacking him.
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

I've never really liked the larger monsters in the SH series; they are not quite as unsettling because they are (or, at least seem) powerful -- they're intimidating, but not disturbing, like, for example, the Bobble nurses, which writhed in seemingly unbearable pain, unable even to move properly.
That made them disturbing/unsettling/scary/creepy -- call it what you will -- it made you want to run, or, if you must, kill.

Monsters like 7/8 were, to me, at least, just monsters -- something you had to bludgeon to death, just to get it out your way.
When I saw them for the first time, I thought they were cool, not frightening.

Now, when I saw the patients ... *What the Hell!?* ... but, as soon as they started their ridiculous attack pattern, and I proceeded to bludgeon their disemboweled torsos -- resulting in
"the burp" -- they instantaneously lost their appeal.
The fact that they were nothing more than huge killing machines didn't help.
I call'em the Terminators.
and onwards
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

The patients, upon first sighting, sure do look like something to be reckoned with. I, too, thought something like "Wtf is that?" while scampering in alarm. But the thing went down with one or two good hits, and of course, with that burping sound...
Just not a scary enemy after the first couple of seconds. They're annoying, and sometimes amusing. You'd think that with their big size they'd be a bit harder to kill than they are. They only presented any kind of challenge with the group of them on the stairs.

I'd have to say I'm one of the few people to like the dogs, though.
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

The Procrastinator wrote:I've never really liked the larger monsters in the SH series; they are not quite as unsettling because they are (or, at least seem) powerful -- they're intimidating, but not disturbing, like, for example, the Bobble nurses, which writhed in seemingly unbearable pain, unable even to move properly.
That made them disturbing/unsettling/scary/creepy -- call it what you will -- it made you want to run, or, if you must, kill.

Monsters like 7/8 were, to me, at least, just monsters -- something you had to bludgeon to death, just to get it out your way.
When I saw them for the first time, I thought they were cool, not frightening.

Now, when I saw the patients ... *What the Hell!?* ... but, as soon as they started their ridiculous attack pattern, and I proceeded to bludgeon their disemboweled torsos -- resulting in
"the burp" -- they instantaneously lost their appeal.
The fact that they were nothing more than huge killing machines didn't help.
I call'em the Terminators.
Attack pattern? I really need to stop playing on easy . . . I've never been attacked by them. The patients' design, though, is really good, and it's actually apparent, unlike most of the monsters in the series whose features are hard to distinguish.
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

I've started to play on easy mode recently, because I find the monsters annoying nuissances, and I like to deal with them quickly. Which is rather difficult on anything but easy.

The Patients swing and they swing, like mindless killing machines.
I take my revenge with the Paper-cutting knife.
and onwards
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

Yeah, the gumheads were flat out stupid, so were those patient guys. the wheelchairs were kind of creepy at first, then they got annoying, and eventually boring.

But those hummers? Now that was annoying. I'll fight them until the cows come home, no problem. But they are just annoying. i think something else could ahve taken their place. something more memorable.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)