Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 17 Aug 2018

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 7982
Last seen at: Nowhere
Gravedigger's bringin' back some old topic's... It look's like no one is guarding the Gates of Hell these days :roll:

On topic: The Leeches, and those Bat-Moths creatures... I'm surprised people are saying Wheelchair's... They're funny, c'mon :P

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 18 Oct 2006
Notes left: 26
Last seen at: Bonnie Scotland
I thought the monster's in SH4 were the worst in the series. Apart from the ghosts, nothing else gave me that sense of dread. However, I do think that the gumheads had potential but then later i realised they were easy to defeat - I enjoyed knocking them and the patients down the stairs :P

Perhaps the lack of dread was due to the fact that there was no noise i.e fog or darkness for creatures to hide in?

Credit to Crucifix for my lovely av & sig : )

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11052
Last seen at: In the anals of forum history
I still do like the twinfuckers. They're creepy, they're large, they can lay some good hurtin' on you, and thanks to the game having no radio or real visual impediment, the closest Silent Hill 4 really gets to delivering a true scare is when you turn a corner and suddenly find yourself face-to-faces with one of them. They have the inhuman creepiness of the Mannequin with the brute force of the Closer.

And that part where you have to rumble with six at once is, to me, the game's greatest challenge.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2009
Notes left: 31
Last seen at: Anywhere but Home
Oh yea! I remember that part! I was like walking, and saw them in the distance, and was like, "What the hell is that?", and all of a sudden they just stopped pointing, and charged at me! I was like "AAAAHHHH!"
And I had to pause the game and breathe because I was so scared.

I just think their whole design is so disturbing. :shock:

Has no one told you she's not breathing?

Post subject:

frontlines208 wrote:
Oh yea! I remember that part! I was like walking, and saw them in the distance, and was like, "What the hell is that?", and all of a sudden they just stopped pointing, and charged at me! I was like "AAAAHHHH!"
And I had to pause the game and breathe because I was so scared.

I just think their whole design is so disturbing. :shock:

LOL!! Twin head monsters, the scarier monster in the game...
But what I really noticed what's the scariest is the babies that appears from the wall in Henry's room, OH MY GOD!! After you take Walter's doll, I was hearing some weird noises, someone crying, I just searched all over until I saw those babies, it was like WTF?!!!

Well! I think all the ghost thing was a REALLY bad idea, a man flying and turned into a ghost and bla bla bla, a REALLY REALLY bad idea, sounds a little gay though, sorry, but if I am not mistaken, they should make something better than the ghost, like demons, monsters, or something else... Ghost didn't frighten me at all...

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 31 May 2009
Notes left: 119
The patient monsters are hilarious.

But yes, I think they are incredibly stupid.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 May 2006
Notes left: 474
Last seen at: MA
I would have to say.....

Dogs, Gum Heads, Patients, Ghosts and wheelchairs.

Reasons....

The dogs AI is just horrible. They never really try to attack me at all until I start running, then they charge at me extremely fast and awkwardly. For instance....if I'm further away from them fighting another enemy, they just randomly charge right at me. That or when they get glitched and run at a wall or something for a few mins even when I'm right next to them. That and they like to lay down or walk around me and try to suck the blood of a dead one. I like..."Uh hello?? I'm right here!"

Gum heads are pretty annoying. Like the dogs, they don't try to fight me either. They just take turns while I'm fighting and killing them off one by one. They're more of a pain then anything.

Patients....same thing. They just like to walk towards you slowly and back up and walk side to side and that allows me to charge up my attack and then take em down. The only time where they are annoying to fight is when Eileen is around. Then I gotta make sure they don't hurt her. The burping as well....C'mon....that's not scary. >.>

Ghosts actually TRY to hit me, but they are just in the way all the time and their moaning and the fact that they follow you wherever you go makes them even more irritating. I think their stupid because if they're ghosts......why are you able to hit them with weapons?? Unneeded stress comes with them.

Wheelchairs were an interesting thought, but really? Those little pissers keep trying to run me over! It's not scary..just annoying. Especially with Eileen around. Once again, it's more difficult when I have to protect her.

I sound mean, but I'm not saying that the game is horrible or anything....I actually really like the game now. I just wish certain things about it were better. That's all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6