Building World-Is It So Bad?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like the Building World in SH4?

Yes.
50%
No.
28%
I'm indifferent to it.
22%

Total votes: 123

Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I really don't mind, I kinda liked it.. For me the most annoying world in the game is the Subway (I went mad on my first playtrough here, and when i got in the subway for the 2nd time i was so mad...) But the most scary is the Water Prison, My favorite one I think it's the Apartment's World... This one's damn nice ;)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Worst level ever.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

MMY wrote:Worst level ever.
Care to expain why? :)
revalations 23:16
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I just found the building world so bland and boring. Then annoying as hell Richard popping out of nowhere following you everywhere, was it the second time you visit there? I can't remember. But it was just so bare and repetitive, to me it felt like it hadn't been finished.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Care to expain why?
Traversing the level is tedious, dull and simultaneously agonizing. You run round & round, double-back several times, and if you forget or miss one key item, you hafta run through it again (and probably again). There's nothing fun about playing the Building world, either time.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

MMY wrote:>Care to expain why?
Traversing the level is tedious, dull and simultaneously agonizing. You run round & round, double-back several times, and if you forget or miss one key item, you hafta run through it again (and probably again). There's nothing fun about playing the Building world, either time.
When you put it that way, it does make me remember how much I used to dread having to complete that level.... very furstrating. Also, is it just me, or are those damn apes one of the worst enemy designs in the series?

Like retarded hunchback mutant chimps or somethin.... :?
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

SHACKled89451 wrote:Is it just me, or are those damn apes one of the worst enemy designs in the series?
Like retarded hunchback mutant chimps or somethin.... :?
They are pretty scary nonetheless.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

it's defiantly confusing, but interestingly surreal, plus it had cool rooms like the birthday cake room, the petshop and the bar
Sake
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Sake »

I dislike Building world because of Richard's ghost. It's the most disturbing ghost in the game to me. That's why I usually shoot him with a Silver Bullet and stick the Sword of Obedience into him the moment I encounter him. The Gumheads are sort of ridiculous, so I don't mind them. They're pretty easy to take care of and I don't think I've ever had a weapon stolen from me by one of them.
chaoticxinsane
Just Passing Through

Post by chaoticxinsane »

I couldn't stand the building world and I haven't even hit round two yet. I sat there for 15 minutes staring at my map like "... What." since I couldn't figure out where to go. Even the video walk through was too confusing for me.

I'm dreading the second run through, especially since I forgot to pin down Cynthia!
[img]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m131/Isnkode/sig%20banners/sigbannercopy.jpg[/img]
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

The building world is not my favorite, but it still is pretty good. I think I like the forest world LESS than it.

About the building world I liked to actually be in a place that you could see before from your window. That was pretty cool. Running around in all the stores, little alleys, that was cool.
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]
SenorKaffee
Just Passing Through

Post by SenorKaffee »

The forest world was my least favourite world. Not because it was hard, it just somehow felt like it didn't belong.

Richard Braintrees ghost can be really annoying, that is why I always have an SOO reserved for him. But you have to admit that the behaviour of the ghost is interesting.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I liked the Building World best of all, except maybe for the Hospital.

It's the Forest World that sucks a fat dick.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

The forest world was my least favourite world. Not because it was hard, it just somehow felt like it didn't belong.

True dat...

Very tedious level that felt more like an obsticle than a part of the story...
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

... silver lead?
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Pyramidhead777
Just Passing Through

Post by Pyramidhead777 »

It was ok, but i still like apartment 1 best
RIP
2pac
ODB
BIG
Eazy E
Big L
And everyone else
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I really liked Building World. I loved the way it progressed, how the buildings and they way they connected didn't make sense at all. I also loved the part with the creatures jumping from one building to the other overhead.

The the forest world, ughhhh...
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

There were parts I did really like about the BW... the upside down room, for some strange reason it reminded me of Nightmare on elm street...
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I didn't mind the Building World but I absolutely hated the subway. I hate the subway on three, also.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Lemex
Gravedigger

Post by Lemex »

FatalFrame wrote:I didn't mind the Building World but I absolutely hated the subway. I hate the subway on three, also.
Amen about 3; but for some reason I didn't mind it on 4.

Of all the areas on Silent Hill 4 that I really did not like was the prison world.
I liked the forest world purely on the visual aspect, other than that I found it very illogical.