Building World-Is It So Bad?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you like the Building World in SH4?

Yes.
50%
No.
28%
I'm indifferent to it.
22%

Total votes: 123

Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The wheelchairs were also in the hospital. I found them slightly disturbing, when you really look, you can see they have a shadow of a person, as if someone is sitting in the chair.

Yes, there was a room in building world with wheelchairs...I know...I died there my first playthrough. Well, I didn't die, Eileen did. I was off putting a cat in a cage. I forgot that she didn't automatically pop up in the next room, like Maria did.

I retraced my steps and found her beaten on the floor and she died... Stupid woman. Think they could have given her the common sense to seek higher ground.
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

I didn't think she could die, only take a ton of damage.
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

I didn't know she could die, either o__0 are we certain of this?
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Detective Cartland
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Detective Cartland »

Yeah same here because I once left here in the Prison World with Walter madly shooting at her and came back a while later with him still blazing his guns at her so...?
[img]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i309/Juridawn/Graphics/DouglasSig.jpg[/img]
[i]"And everything seemed to be going so well...."[/i]
ur-vile
Hope House Careworker

Post by ur-vile »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Eileen can't die. The first time I played I did a poor job of protecting her, but she still survived (till the end, lol). I'll have to remember to try leaving her alone in that room next time I play.

I'm guessing you must be mistaken though, or it was a glitch.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Maybe she didn't die...that was 4 years ago. No wait, she didn't die, she was laying on the ground covered in what looked like black soot, surrounded by wheelchairs, and while trying to save her, Henry died. And I was on such an adrinline rush, I thought she died.

My mistake. :p
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

It's a pretty good world but I never know where to go, too many floors and they all look the same o_O
Power and chaos!
Lumo
Just Passing Through

Post by Lumo »

It's was okay...too much backtracking though D:
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Thinking about it, it's probably my least favorite. Way too much backtracking and I hate the structure, there's too many levels and they're too small. I hate when there's like 20 maps all consisting of 3 rooms or something and it's not clear how they connect, like the subway in SH3.
"The Body Is Cold?"
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

It didn't really bother me that much either way. To me it was just another level, it didn't particularly draw me in nor push me away. Probably my least favorite out of all of them, but no glaring hate.
Grendel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Grendel »

The Building World is my FAVORITE world in the whole game! I must admit, second time around, guiding Eilleen around through a maze of elevators and rooms was annoying, but the Building World had alot to explore. I loved going through Steve's Pet Store, Welsh's Birthday Cake room, and Richard is not only a fav character but is also my most fav ghost to encounter.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

I have no sense of direction and the map for it was shit. Imagine how long it took me to complete it the first few times. I still like the level, but I dread the first play through of it.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

even if the game wasnt one of my favourites, the set was realy nice
the otherworld apartment and the prison were pretty genius-made
Mina Fairway
Just Passing Through

Post by Mina Fairway »

I dislike it because you have to backtrack so much, and I get claustrophobic in places like the Pet Shop, with limited space and a handful of monsters. Claustrophobia + Monsters = Me screaming at the TV while a dog omnoms on Henry's leg.

Plus, I left Eileen in the elevator and didn't go back for her until I had nearly finished the level, so I got really annoyed.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

the only annoying thing is that u have to go through the levels a lot by the holes, but if it wasnt that, it would be ruined.
also, even if the level itself is cool, your apartment realy sucks when u are starting to loose health :evil:
AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Also it has that upside down room, I found that impossible to navigate.
"The Body Is Cold?"
somebody
Just Passing Through

Post by somebody »

:mrgreen:
- The theme of the subway is TEMPTATION. Temptation because of Cynthia always beside you

- The theme of the forest world is SOURCE. It is awfully dark in here, and you can see that candles, holy flames and torches are very useful as source of ease and light

- The theme of the prison is WATCHFULNESS. When you enter the cells, you feel like you are being watched through the surveillance holes; and as you go into the master's chambers, you are watching the entire prison as well

- The theme of the building world is CHAOS. The distorted maps and locations, and the puzzles are supposed to give off confusion.
MooseFlanagan
Just Passing Through

Post by MooseFlanagan »

Meh...it's above Subway World for me, but that's not saying much. It wasn't really very...scary, I guess. There was nothing really unsettling in that traditional Silent Hill way. It does have my second favourite monsters, the Gumheads, and my favourite ghost, Richard, however, so I guess I have to give it some credit.
"So what if the world hands me a pile of shit? I'll comb through it for the corn. I'll dodge enemy bullets by a hair's breadth. I'll slaughter Mimics with a single blow. If Rita Vrataski is a goddess on the battlefield, I'll watch and learn until I can match her kill for kill. I have all the time in the world. Nothing better to do. Who knows? Maybe something will change. Or maybe I'll find a way to take this fucking world and piss in its eye. Only time will tell."
SpearOfDestiny
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by SpearOfDestiny »

I enjoyed the Building World. But like every level I hated having to re-visit it.
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7513/spearofdestinysigyd7.gif[/img]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DancinMonkeh][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/DancinMonkeh.gif[/img][/url]
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

I like the building world a lot. It is like a labyrinth and the map doesn't help much, but it's REALLY scary. I remember I was scared as hell the first time i saw those monkey-like monsters jump over the alley and later when they made those weird noises (maybe while fighting with Richard?). Also they always creep me out when they jump behind me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJbg21Ve ... re=related
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!