q about the opening first person...

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

q about the opening first person...

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

you're joseph, right?
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Yeah, Joseph comments on the typrwriter, and later on in "Room 302 of the past" you can see the red typewriter
AdjectiveRyan
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

I also thought it was joe because of the pic of henry in the front room and he says, "who's that dude?"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You're not really playing as Joseph. You're Henry dreaming that he's Joseph.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

But isn't it Joseph manifesting himself in Henry's dream? Because Joseph obviously wan'ts to help Henry stop Walter, so maybe Joseph somehow managed to get into Henry's dream and spark off everything, because if the ghosts of the past are roaming Walter's world, who's to say they couldn't contact the real world, I mean, if the demons can get into the apartment I'm sure Joseph could.

So technically you are Joseph, but in the mind of Henry.

If that made sense let me know
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>who's to say they couldn't contact the real world
Considering none of the ghosts exhibit any behavior like that otherwise, there's no reason to believe Joseph would be a special case.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Yeah...I suppose there is that.
MisterGrey
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MisterGrey »

Kinda OT, but did anyone else fear that the entire game was going to be in the first person? I went into the game with no prior knowledge of it, and a blank box (so no pics on the back depicting 3rd person mode), and thought to myself, "Oh, crap, they've turned this into a first person franchise."
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

No, because I'd seen pictures of the gameplay where it wasn't first person.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re:

Post by KageReneko »

MisterGrey wrote:Kinda OT, but did anyone else fear that the entire game was going to be in the first person? I went into the game with no prior knowledge of it, and a blank box (so no pics on the back depicting 3rd person mode), and thought to myself, "Oh, crap, they've turned this into a first person franchise."
Nope, I always watch the opening movie before start the game and it clearly showed henry fighting the creatures...

I was more scared about the game turning Residenet Evil when I saw the item storage chest...
Silent Fantasy

Re: q about the opening first person...

Post by Silent Fantasy »

If Henry was dreaming he was Joseph, its funny that he asks " Who's this guy? ' (Looking at a picture of Henry), "I dont even know what this is" (Looking at Henry's stereo), and "What is this? I had a typwriter here." (Loose quote). But these, among many other examinations, show Joseph doesnt recognize anything in the room or even who Henry is. So I always took it as genuinly playing as Joseph at that point. (Henry doesnt even know the name Joseph at that point in time, so his memories and personality wouldn't be known) So, the dream doesnt make sense. I would go so far as to say its not a dream at all if not for the fact of Henry's belongings replacing Joseph's. Not sure what to think about it besides it being a dream.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The fact Henry wakes up in his bed after the opening sequence makes it clear it's a dream. Coupled, of course, with the fact the person in the dream is saying all the same things Joseph Schreiber wrote also makes it pretty clear the dream is of Joseph.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

Those are 2 points I found obvious. Im just questioning the reason for the dream and how it came to pass.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

Joseph's the Giver of Wisdom, Henry's the Receiver of Wisdom.

Besides all normal dream logic (and since Henry has already been in his apartment, which is slowly getting trapped deeper in Walter's kingdom, for a few days now), it seems to me that it's because Joseph and Henry have a connection based on the requirements set out by the 21 Sacraments. He gets a flash of 'wisdom' of Joseph before he died via a dream, but he doesn't know what to do with that information yet.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers