Eileen's acts....

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

monmashq
Just Passing Through

Post by monmashq »

I always thought that she was meaning to ask Henry out to the party when she said she hopes her luck changes.

But it seems there is some people disagreeing with this idea.

Although I can see both points, I still think she is meaning a 'date' and not plain 'bad luck' though.

Thats my opinion though.
[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/monmashq/shhforumssig.jpg[/img]

It begins with a breath a kid killing his pets to Just sitting in debt when I’m feeling a wreck
Glazarus
Historical Society Historian

Post by Glazarus »

Long time since I argued this, but for me, there is a much better character psychology behind Eileen having some attraction to the "guy next door", when arguing that she is directing the comment to him, rather then the dropped bottle.
The time it takes from them getting to know eachother to the flower in the end is a little too short. If we assume that they have some attraction to eachother even before they meet, it makes much more sense for them to become so close in such a short time. This plot suggest that they grow stonger feelings for eachother and it's really fucking bad writing if they raise love interest under the short time they actually are together.

I also find it much more interesting to have two characters who never really meet eachother, to start having feelings for one another under such circumstances.
Henry is getting interested in her out of his sinful voyeuristic behaviour and Eileen is clearly drawn to him, or else she wouldn't spend so much time outside his door.
It's like she cares about him and therefor it makes perfect sense that she means Henry when talking about her luck.

Either way, some people think it's crap that she do and some people don't.
My opinion is out of the rational character psychology and that is what I base my opinion on. If you think that the "love", from the point of them meeting, is believable, then you might not pay much attention to that first line.

On a footnote, a key thing when writing dialogue on a screenplay/script, is that the first line a character has, is very very important for what the character is like. It's based upon the simple psychology of us humans. The first time we meet someone new, our first impression is everything! Anyone that has been on a date knows this.
So, it's commonly used when writing to concentrate on the first line a character has. The first impression an audience has is the most important thing to make the audience feel connected to the material.

Eileens first line is that line and if the writers of teamsilent have any basic knowledge on effective scriptwriting, they sure thought about that when writing that line.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>if the writers of teamsilent have any basic knowledge on effective scriptwriting
Huh. Dialog. What's going on with that dialog?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Leonardwolf
Just Passing Through

wow

Post by Leonardwolf »

The Adversary wrote:>if the writers of teamsilent have any basic knowledge on effective scriptwriting
Huh. Dialog. What's going on with that dialog?
I just let out such a sudden loud burst of laughter it scared my dog.

And Adversary is totally right, Silent hill isn't known for deep dialogs, in fact most of it is quite bland.

The plot is developed more through the things you see than the things they say. IMO
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>The time it takes from them getting to know eachother to the flower in the end is a little too short.
I don't care if I've never seen you before in my life, if I guide you through a hellish nightmare world full of monsters and evade ritual sacrifice with you, I'll bring you some flowers. And I'd better be on your damn Christmas card list. "Merry X-Mas and thanks for delivering me from hell!" Hope Hallmark has a card for that. . .

>Henry is getting interested in her out of his sinful voyeuristic behaviour. . .
If I'm trapped in my room for several days and have the ability to look in on my neighbor--even if there's no practical reason for it--I wouldn't call it sinful voyeurism (it's not like we hear Henry panting while we look through the hole in the wall). I would just want some connection to the outside world, some idea of what's happening, relevant or not.

>and Eileen is clearly drawn to him, or else she wouldn't spend so much time outside his door.
Eileen really doesn't spend much time at all in front of Henry's door. We mostly see her travelling back and forth to her own apartment. Now if she lived on another floor and kept popping up in front of Henry's door, then you'd have something.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

>and Eileen is clearly drawn to him, or else she wouldn't spend so much time outside his door.

Are you still going on about this? She never lurks outside his room without a reason. Most of the time she's only there with someone else, or because she heard weird noises. You know who spends a lot of time outside Henry's room? Richard and the Super. Richard must be as gay as Dumbledore, if affection is determined by how often they lurk outside the peephole. Throw Walter in there, too.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Receiver Of Wisdom
Just Passing Through

Post by Receiver Of Wisdom »

In my opinion, I think they're just genuinely neighbors who know one another from nothing more than distance and names. I'd say there's potential after a game, yes, but I honestly never think 'Oh man, Henry and Eileen are gonna get down after this!'

The whole she-bang about about her saying She hopes her luck changes? I'm not too sure but there's plenty of things ruffling Eileen's feathers in the game. She's being attacked by some kind of insect, her brain seems kind of loopy (we all go through that sometimes), such as not being able to find things (broom, I do that shit all the time and hope my memory gets better somehow) and isn't she arguing with Frank outside? That could be about getting Henry out of there, but I'd say possibly Rent or something? Or even arguing about another tenant.

We never hear about a job from her or anything, though she could be typically doing anything. So I'd say 'I hope my luck changes' would be more realistically on she'd like the universe to be with her for once. SH has never really been about Who thinks who looks good besides SH2
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Where James obviously finds Maria attractive. He did dream her up afterall.
though I could be wrong on that and it's the interpatation of the player.

Everyone in the apartment building, well not everyone, but the guy hasn't come out of his apartment for five days? Kinda strange doncha think?

Eileen also seems like a genuinely concerned person, so does Frank.

Anyway, I say there's potential afterward but the way they both are personality wise, I can see a deep friendship from the shit they went through or becoming something more. Just my two cents.

.... and lol Miss Krist. That could be true... not to be rude or anything but when that skinned Mike tape is found ... Richard does have a bit of a lisp.
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Wow, this thread was like weeding through the I hate Thomas and Krist club. :shock:
I haven't played 4 in awhile, but I never got all the endings, so maybe I'll start a new game and see for myself whether there is some hidden attraction.
Don't be hatin' here, people. Galzareus(sp?) has his or her points, and they may well be valid. However, it could be that you misinterpreted something as well, Glazeraus(sp?). Eileen could very well have been slightly attracted to Henry based on looks alone. You don't need to know a thing about a person to think they are hot and have a crush on them. But I do remember her being 800 shades of freaked when he showed up at the hospital/dream thing, so maybe not. *shrugs*
I can sort of see the I'm right, you're wrong thing people were getting at before, and don't get mad at me, because I respect the both of you very much. It can get a little frustrating to state your point of view and got shot down with "You are wrong! Muwahahahahahah! Now I will eat your soul for breakfast!" At the same time, you both usually have enough facts to back up your statements, so it all evens out. And you usually end up being right. Except for the times when I am right! :lol: It is fun to have people with intelligence to talk about these games with and even argue with.
I'm sorry. I'm so tired. I have some heartburn and a sinus headache and I can't sleep. This entire post probably made no sense at all.
BlackDahlia
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackDahlia »

Anonymous wrote:Hey! If we find out what EPISODE of Friends she is watching, maybe we could determine what the approximate date it is in SH4!
Lol, with the amount of replays you get of Friends? Are you sure? :P
Watchdog

Post by Watchdog »

What's the combined age of this forum? 14? Because last I checked, a man and a woman could exist within a quarter-mile of each other and not be in love, infatuated, or even slightly interested in each other. You can even bring flowers to a woman in hospital without her slamming her legs open and throwing a wedding band on your finger.

There's nothing to suggest they had any desire to get it on whatsoever. The only time you could say otherwise is in the Escape ending, when there's that little twinge of 90's Hollywood romance. But even that's the soft lighting.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Watchdog wrote:What's the combined age of this forum? 14? Because last I checked, a man and a woman could exist within a quarter-mile of each other and not be in love, infatuated, or even slightly interested in each other. You can even bring flowers to a woman in hospital without her slamming her legs open and throwing a wedding band on your finger.

There's nothing to suggest they had any desire to get it on whatsoever. The only time you could say otherwise is in the Escape ending, when there's that little twinge of 90's Hollywood romance. But even that's the soft lighting.
Quoted For Truth.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

Well, this thread inspired me to start a whole new game, and I have to agree, Eileen really wasn't looking at the door so much when she made her statement about her luck changing. And Krist is correct when she says that the super spends a lot more time in front of your peephole than Eileen does.
But after the game, depending on the ending, yeah, CI ould totally see that maybe they would get together based on the shared experience they both went through that no one else is probably going to believe. Or at the very least, have a very close friendship. Frankly, if I were Henry, I would move somewhere else and ask Eileen to move in with me so if I ever find myself supernaturally locked in my apartment again, at least I won't be alone. :D :twisted:
dr10star
Just Passing Through

Post by dr10star »

Well I hope I'm not to prejudiced :roll: but if eileen would be blond and having the nurse outfit when you look at her through the hole. I think all pieces would come together. The retardness would seem more proper maybe....
PeachySakura24

Post by PeachySakura24 »

You do know one of the creators of this forum is a blonde, yes?
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

The super spends time there because his connection to that room and it's story...
Eileen never really had anything to do there but care for Henry, feel worried.
She is the one calling others for help about this... she has no information about the room and does not know what is going on. I have always assumed that the backstroy for both of them is that they aren't really in love with each other, but they do feel attracted to eachother. They have seen eachother, she knows his name, but he is very closed mouthed, so that may be why she don't know much about him.

And, to speak in storytelling terms, I find the characters much more interesting if they have a sort of tension between them, rather then just being neighbors. It's just bad backstory writing if there's nothing in the past.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

she knows joseph. joseph lived there before. he disappeared. she begins hearing strange noises from there. cause for concern. end of. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

I think Eileen "accidentally" dropped her groceries cuz she was hoping Henry would hear it, come out and help her so she could ask him out to the party.
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
Somaphobe
Just Passing Through

Post by Somaphobe »

I understand that this topic is rather old, but i see that it was also bumped recently. Further, my question is perfect for this topic, i thought it was better here than in a new post..
I did look around and saw no answers to what i am curious about.

While playing through SH4 recently i took an opportunity to peer at Eileen through the wall. This was rather early in the game. What i saw then was strange.. There was an 'eerie', buzz/whistle sound coming from her side of the wall. She was seated on the bed, staring directly through the hole, back at me (Henry).. it seemed almost as if she noticed me (him). After this her attention shifted away from the hole, to her left while still watching the wall. She noticed something that startled her there and she seemed to react to the odd noise.
I have seen another version of this animation as well. In the second one, she 'notices' Henry and looks to her left as before, then she suddenly reacts as if frightened or attacked by something.
It is almost as if something is coming from or out of her wall...
Is it possibly a haunting in her apartment?
has anyone seen either version of this animation?

I recall that this happens close to the time that cynthia is killed, if i recall properly.
Ab incunabulis, Aegri somnia.

www.myspace.com/somaphobe