Eileen's acts....

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's true. Also, if it gets that bad and Henry gets close to her, she'll give him a headache and hurt him like the ghosts do.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>As I said, numerous times, over and over and now once again:
Neat. We disagree. CAPS LOCK DOESN'T MAKE YOUR CASE ANY STRONGER LOUD NOISES I STABB'D A MAN IN THE HEART WITH A TRIDENT.
Last edited by The Adversary on 22 Feb 2006, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

...Walters possessing grows when she gets hurt. She doesn't get any wounds, the things on her body is... yeah, what ever it is, it's "the possessing". You can "heal" her with a candle at her feet.
the Adversary wrote:>As I said, numerous times, over and over and now once again:
Neat. We disagree. CAPS LOCK DOESN'T MAKE YOUR CASE ANY STRONGER.
You disagree because you think I'm talking about love, which I don't...
And what "We"? who decide you to speak for others? There where some that agreed with me, you didn't... not "we".
Last edited by Glazarus on 22 Feb 2006, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

She doesn't get any wounds, the things on her body is... yeah, what ever it is, it's "the possessing".

I didn't know that was just the possessing! I thought it was her wounds. And I knew about the candle bit...because one time...Jasper had her cornered and she just sorta crouched there for a really long time..I thought she was dead. So I lit the candle to try and get Jasper away from her, then she was magically healed.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/sephorasagredo/faded.gif[/img]

[i] ...are my screams just a whisper? [/i]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You can read about it here: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=587

>You disagree because you think I'm talking about love
No, I don't. I disagree because there's nothing suggesting she has any interest in Henry until after the game.

Go ahead to the previous page and see who disagrees with you. Agawa and Krist. for starters. The three of us alone make a we.
Last edited by The Adversary on 22 Feb 2006, edited 1 time in total.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

Ahhhh! Thanks very much Adversay! That ought to keep me busy for awhile...

Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

the Adversary wrote:You can read about it here: http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=587

>You disagree because you think I'm talking about love
No, I don't. I disagree because there's nothing suggesting she has any interest in Henry until after the game.

Go ahead to the previous page and see who disagrees with you. Agawa and Krist. for starters. The three of us alone make a we.
Nothing suggesting? "Hope my luck changes before the party" - a direct look on Henrys door.
The reason she says it and the way she says and acts speaks alot...
The reason she says it acording to you, is just because of the broken bottle, which would lead to a conclusion... the script is really bad, because that is not the best way to introduce a character.
You were filmmaker, you should know what I'm talking about...

If not, then, you just don't agree with me... but don't say I have nothing to support this with.
I did support it, but it's just that when you judge something as not important you say I have nothing to argue with... that's just disrespectful.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That one line is not support considering it can be construed any number of ways--all of which have already been discussed. She dropped something. It was unlucky of her to drop it. Very simple.

>The reason she says it and the way she says and acts speaks alot...
She doesn't interact with Henry. At all. Not until the end of the game. In fact, the first time she interacts with him in the dream-world, she's terrified.

And I'd still love some of that proof that Eileen was looking for a date. You know, that mystery line mentioned on pages two & three that no one seems to know anything about--and is also totally lacking in my copy of the script.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

the Adversary wrote:That one line is not support considering it can be construed any number of ways--all of which have already been discussed. She dropped something. It was unlucky of her to drop it. Very simple.

>The reason she says it and the way she says and acts speaks alot...
She doesn't interact with Henry. At all. Not until the end of the game. In fact, the first time she interacts with him in the dream-world, she's terrified.

And I'd still love some of that proof that Eileen was looking for a date. You know, that mystery line mentioned on pages two & three that no one seems to know anything about--and is also totally lacking in my copy of the script.
The "date" thing was an assumption, while the theory was "interest", I think I mentioned that too.

Still, I'd say it's sloppy written if it's just adressed to the broken bottle. This is fiction, not reality and when writing fiction, especially movies or "scenes" in a game, the spoken word must always continue the story and make it march forward. It doesn't have any purpose if she just adress it to the bottle... AND she looks at Henrys door while saying the line. She isn't just say it while walking by. She picks it up look at the door with a paus and say it.

And one must not interact with another to feel emotion. I'm sorry, but I feel your going into this matter a little too technical then me. I'm actually basing it on my interpretation of how she acts and says it, not just the line itself... so, it's not in the script, it's in the directing.

Ever read a play for theatre? It sometimes have just dialogue. When you direct that, you can interpretate the lines in what ever you like and thats why there are so many different versions of Hemlet as an example. You may not see what I see when she says it, but dismissing my theory and calling it false is just wrong. You may be right, I may be right, we never know...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Ever read a play for theatre?
I used to direct that too.

>I'd say it's sloppy written if it's just adressed to the broken bottle.
I'll say it again, just like Henry did, again & again: What... the... hell...?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

the Adversary wrote:>Ever read a play for theatre?
I used to direct that too.

>I'd say it's sloppy written if it's just adressed to the broken bottle.
I'll say it again, just like Henry did, again & again: What... the... hell...?
Ok, what plays did you direct?

"What the hell?" is actually not a bad line at all. Still it's funny to hear him say it as many times as he do, but if you think about what Walter tries to summon. In the crimson book, it's said that it's the devil. As we know from reading the crimson book, it's from the religion and mythology of Silent Hill. In this, God is God, but there seem to be a devil too and that devil is what's being created in Walters world. Henry is actually "working" FOR God in this game, making Walter not to complete his work, with the crimson tome as his guide. The 21 sacraments (heresis) is an unholy ritual, not another way of birthing The God. Creating a personal kingdom within the channels of God, is forbidden.
What they tried to do with Walter when he was a child, was to sneek Valtiel into Walter, which failed... the outcome was not what was intended.
Thus, "what the hell?" makes perfect sense; What the hell? - What's this hell? - What is hell? - Is this hell?.
The fun outcome is when we view it without regard of the story... then it becomes ridiculous that he says it so much, but because of the story, it's not a line that's sloppy written... I think it's quite intelligent. (by the writer)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That is an awful explanation of the use of "What the hell." Seriously. I'm not saying that to be mean or insulting, but that's really bad. He says "What the hell..." because he's confused--there's nothing symbolic about it.

>In the crimson book, it's said that it's the devil.
Because the Crimson Tome was not written by followers of The Order, but by its opponents. As we know from the previous games, when the opponents refer to God (the Holy Mother, Creator of Paradise), they call it the devil.

The Crimson Tome is the book that Joseph Schreiber stole from Wish House, that he writes about on April 10th.

On the second floor, there were several back rooms for the followers and the children to live in. This is where I had discovered a certain book. That wasn't the holy script that the Order was using, but more likely, it was a book with contents that were disadvantageous to the Order.

So, being pernicious to the Order, of course it's going to refer to God in a negative light: thus they call it the devil.

The Descent of the Holy Mother--the 21 Sacraments is the method in which the Sect of the Holy Mother believe in to birth God (the Holy Mother, Creator of Paradise). Henry is not working for God, trying to prevent the birth of God; Henry is nothing more than a confused victim.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

Can I say that the whole "I hope my luck changes before the party" line does seem to be addressed at her dropping stuff. She has already been attacked by flies/beas and dropping stuff, and i seems that her day isnt going well at all. theres no hints, or intonation in her voice that she wants henry to ask her out. She looks up, and says something to herself. The reason is so the audience can see her facial expression, as its bad to have an actors or characters back to audience when delivering a line. You as a director shpould know this.

Also, the peephole scenes are totally optional, so they dont carry the game along, not these ones anyway. They are meant to portray real life, and how other people are just getting on with it.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Spudrush
Just Passing Through

Post by Spudrush »

ive only ever seen her asleep.... but i think she walks past the room because she was checking on henry?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy.
Faded.Memories
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded.Memories »

Ayup.

My sister is playing Sh4 for the first time, so Eileen is like, super possessed now. And I've finally seeng her speaking gibberish.

I kinds feel really sorry for her, but when my sister healed her, she was super-possessed five minutes later.

Also? Does she fight less while super posessed? Because it seems like she almost has to be right ontop of a monster before she fights it now.

Mrs.Townshend
Just Passing Through

Post by Mrs.Townshend »

I was thinking of a reason why Eileen goes past her door, to go back, and I came up with a reason. Theres an apartment to the left of Hnerys one, right? If there isnt scrap this, but if it is, couldnt Eileen have been dropping off groceries for them? If they are old or disabled? Or she is just a nice neighbourgh, lol. Or she is just dumb and likes walking up and dpown halls with groceries.
I always assumed that Eileen was willing to ask Henry to go with her to her friends party(where she had plans on getting to know him). She probably met him once before and thought he was qute, and sweet, polite, hot, sexy, --- (woo got a little carried away there :oops: :mrgreen: )... Anyway so she attempted to go ask when her groceries fell.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I love the way she asks Henry... Are you Okay?

WHOHOOOO!! One of my posts has 6 pages now!!! (Slap myself, I'm fine now)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Why would Eileen ask Henry on a date with a handful of groceries? Surely there would've been a more opportune time.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mrs.Townshend
Just Passing Through

Post by Mrs.Townshend »

-She could of had the feeling of "this is now or never."
-Or maybe she heard a strange sound from his room where she went to check and see if he was okay, as she came closer the sound coming from the room scared her into dropping her groceries...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I still stand by the fact that there's little to indicate that, at that point in the game, Eileen has any interest in Henry.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.